muse pt 2

I had arrived home that night with the dumbest, biggest grin on my face. I closed the door behind me after Leo had dropped me off and leaned back on the door trying to take it all in. I heard footsteps and tried to get myself together before Jenna saw me.

"Hey, Syd! I've got some extra popcorn if you wa- What are you smiling so hard for?" Jenna said, walking into the kitchen that was near the doorway.

I was surprised. "I'm not smiling! Nothing... I'm not!" I could feel my cheeks rising as I said it.

Jenna smirked, came and grabbed my hands, and dragged me into the living room. I laughed.

"Sydney... This is so good... Tell me everything," Jenna pleaded. I sighed, still with a smile on my face. I started talking.

"You and Leo?!" she interrupted. Jenna had somehow been oblivious to everything between us due to her busy schedule, her own love life, and just general personality. I laughed at her.

"Um... yeah" I said. My cheeks were starting to hurt.

"Okay... We're gonna need wine for this," Jenna announced, standing up and walking to the kitchen to open up a bottle. I laughed but quickly reached into my purse to grab my phone. I went to text Destiny.

"SOS 👩🏾‍🚒 🗣🤙🏾 call now!!!" 9:19 PM

As Jenna walked back over with wine glasses in hand, I swiftly shoved my phone back in my pocket and smiled at her. Handing the glass to me, she started.

"Okay, tell me everyyyyyything."

I slowly spoke. "Okayyyy, well, it all started when..."

RING, RING. I sighed of relief.

"Oh, whoops! I've gotta answer this. I'll tell you later though!" I said rushing to my room and taking the wine and my purse with me. I answered the phone once my door was shut.

"Thank God. You just saved me form Jenna," I explained to Destiny.

"Ohhh, say less," she said. "So how was your day? Didn't you hang with mister sir today?"

I was silent, trying to find the words so I could explain and also because I knew it would be so obvious how hard I was cheesing.

"Ohhhhhhhhhh. Is that good silence or bad silence?"

I smiled. "Good... really good." I heard shrieking from her end and I fell on my bed laughing.

"I'm gonna cry, okay, please tell me," she yelled. I put my phone on speaker knowing this was going to be a long conversation and started doing my nighttime routine to get ready for bed as I retold the events. I explained his outfit from the day and she screamed. Let's be honest, I kind of screamed as I was telling her too. I told her about the food he had brought. And of course how he casually called me his girlfriend.

"I tolD YOU SO!!!!"

I laughed. "Yes, yeah, I know. But now I knowwwwww, you know?"

"Ugh, whatever," she laughed. We continued talking about how cute Leo was and what our kids would look like and how good he would look in the tan suit at our already planned wedding. I was just swiping my last serum onto my face when my phone started ringing. I looked down.

It was Leo. Facetiming me.

"Ohhhh my gosh. OH my gosh. Oh my gosh."

"What????" Destiny asked.