Chapter One

"Dad, where's my eye patch?" I yelled from my room.

Dad came in, holding my plain white, nondescript eye patch, looking sad. "Here you go."

I thanked him and put it in my small, satchel-like bag, along with my sunglasses, phone, and chapstick, just when I heard my oldest brother's car horn go off.

Dad and I both went to my window to see my two brothers getting out of the car and heading to the front door. We heard the door close, then their footsteps coming upstairs.

"Are you sure you want to do this? You can stay here, I don't mind," Dad said as I slung by satchel across my body and picked up one of my suitcases.

"I'm sure. Besides, Mom would want this," I replied as my brothers entered the room.

They didn't even have to ask questions, because they heard the whole conversation even when they were out of earshot.

Damian looked and felt guilty as he looked at me, or rather, my left eye, but I just glared at him as he and Alex grabbed my other suitcases to take them to the car, as I grabbed my pillow and a soft blanket for the car.

"You're positive you wanna do this?" Dad asked as we walked to the front door.

I sighed, but nodded. "Alex and Damian go to this school, and they say I'll like it and be safe."

"You're safe here, too."

"But I'm a 'rare specimen'."

Dad laughed. "Just because you are the first hybrid ever recorded and they want to run tests on you."

"But the school is really heavily guarded and the room I'll be in will always have at least one guard near me to protect me. Everyone knows what those officials can do to get tests run."

"Izzy, please be careful. If anything happens to you. . ."

"Dad, it'll be okay. I'll be okay. Mom died when I was three, and Damian made me half blind when I was ten. I've lived through that, and I'll live through this."

"More than positive?"

I nodded, lightly chuckling. "Yes, Dad. More than positive."

"Alright. I. . .I guess I'll let you go." He seemed sadder than he was.

"Love you," I said as I began to head towards the care.

"Love you too, Izzy. Be safe," Dad called back as he stayed at the door so he wouldn't be too tempted to come after me and drag me back inside.

"I will." I opened the door to the backseat and was about to get in when Dad yelled,
"Call me when you get there!"

I gave him a thumbs up and got in and shut the door, before we began to drive off.

"Better get comfy," Alex said from the driver's seat. "It's a two hour long drive."

"Woohoo," I said with as much sarcasm as I could muster with my really cheery mood.

"Don't be too grumpy, or else we'll have to tear ya to pieces in a week," Alex joked, before Damian slapped the back of his head. "Dude, what the-"

"Why the hell would you joke about that?" Damian almost yelled at him.

Damian's anger was so strong, that it hurt my head and almost made me nauseous.

Alex looked at me in fear, then back at Damian. "I was joking! You know I wouldn't do that. She's our little sister!"

"I almost killed her once, don't joke about that!"

"Shut up, or you're going to kill her right now!"

"What. Do. You. Mean?"

"You're angry. So angry that she's turned green!"

That's when Damian looked at me, and saw me about to pass out and trying not to puke all over Alex's clean car.

Suddenly, all anger vanished, only to be replaced by guilt. Immense guilt.

"Sorry Izzy. I didn't mean to. . ."

I shook my head as Alex handed me his cold bottle of water. "It's fine. And Damian, it was my fault I was almost killed. Not yours. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

He growled, but said nothing more about it.

Alex also shut up and kept his eyes on the road, so I took my pillow and set it against the far seat beside me, before laying down on it and putting on my eye patch, since I was completely blind in that one eye.

When I was ten, Damian was out with Dad and Alex, and I felt left out, so I decided to join them, and Damian was kind of upset and showed it, therefore, hurting me in the process.

I don't blame him, I blame myself, I mean, Dad had told me to stay at the house with Granny, but I was a ten year old girl who wanted to rebel a bit.

Dad had said that I should stay home or else I'll get hurt, and that was the one time I didn't listen but should have. I'm not the most cautious person in the world. It just isn't in my nature.

And besides, my dad is super over-protective. There once was a period of time where he was weary of even letting me go to school.

But then again, I live with three guys. There is Dad, who is just an over-protective father, Alex, who doesn't want me to date or even have a gay guy friend, and Damian, who thinks I'll shatter if he so much as looks at me the wrong way.

But, I'm not a rule breaker, unless absolutely necessary. If Dad makes it a rule that I can't go somewhere, I won't.

But if he said that he wouldn't want me to go somewhere, I will go either way. And Dad knows this, because he knows his kids like the back of his hand.

And he loves us, I know this. I mean, he is our dad. It's kind of in his nature to want to protect us.

* * *

Hey lovelies!!!

I don't know if anyone reads author's notes, but if you are, WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

Anyways, I just wanna say that I am super excited for this book, I have been debating whether or not to publish it here for a while. . .but I finally decided!

Anyways, I just want to say that I'm starting school this Wednesday, so I don't really know when I'll update, but I do know I want to try to update at least once a week if I can.

And, I promise to try to make the chapters longer, this was kind of just the foundation.

I hope you enjoy the rest to come!

Love you all!

~Peggy💖