Chapter 28: Ding Ding Ding

BPOV

I open the door and Veronica hugs me. She pulls away and sees the sign. I have always heard the expression of 'their jaw hit the floor' or something but I had never seen it before. Sure I've seen people surprised but Veronica was utterly shocked.
"OMG!" She finally squeals and hugs me again. "B you're pregnant!?"
"Yeah." I smile and she jumps up and down.
"I can't wait to be an auntie!" V says and Archie walks in after her.
"Hey- oh. Wow." He says, taking it all in. "Congratulations Betty." Arch says hugging me.
Before we can keep talking Ronnie sits me on the couch to discuss everything baby related until the doorbell rings again.
I look out the window and judging by the blood red convertible it must be Cheryl the Toni. I feel Jughead squeeze my hand and I walk to the door.
"Hi." I say and the two walk in.
"Oh-" Toni breathes out when she sees everything. "Betty congratulations!" She says after processing it and hugs me tightly. "I can't wait to be an auntie."
Cheryl, who hadn't said anything, finally processed it and looked at me, tears in her eyes.
"B, I'm so happy for you." She whispers and hugs me. "I'm so so proud of you too. I know how hard it's been." Cheryl whispers so only I can hear. I hug her tighter and feel my eyes water.
She was right. It was terribly difficult. It took years and years to get over what Malachi did to me, and I'm still not over it. I still get flashbacks of those nights. But I'm finally able to push it behind me enough to live my life. And now I will live that life with my baby.

After a few more people, like Kev and Reggie show up we decide to have some lunch and sit outside.
Jughead has his arm around my shoulder and I'm leaning on him, enjoying the warmth of the sun.
"So Betty, have you thought about names?" Cheryl asks and I open my eyes, smiling.
"Well, if it's a girl I do really like the name Juliet." I say and look at the grass.
"Aww! That's so adorable B I love it." Cheryl says and I smile a little more.
"What about a boy?" Ronnie asks and I shrug.
"Forsythe." I say and kiss Jugs cheek. He groans and I giggle, hitting his chest.
"I'm not doing that to my child." Jughead says and they all laugh.
"Then you better hope it's a girl." Toni laughs and he sighs.
"You should be glad I love you." Jughead whispers in my ear and I kiss him softly.
"I am. Every single day." I whisper and he pulls me even closer to him.

After the party is over me and Jug clean up and make some dinner. I'm chopping up carrots for the salad as Jughead grills outside.
The phone rings and I jump a little, slicing my finger.
"Shit." I whisper and grab a napkin. I grab the phone and answer, wiping up the blood. "Hello?"
"Betty. If it isn't my old friend." The other voice says. My face goes white and my legs give out, making me slide to the floor. I'm shaking and trying to breathe, tears threatening to spill over.
"Malachi." I whisper shakily.
"Ding ding ding!" He cheers, voice filled with fake enthusiasm.
"What do you want?" I try and say confidently, even though my voice is shaking.
"Only to say congratulations. I heard about the engagement. And a baby too! I'm so happy you finally got over your fears of being touched after all those years." He said with a tone filled with threat.
"Leave me alone. You will not touch me, Jughead, or my baby." I sneer into the phone.
"Mmmm, we will see Elizabeth, we will see."
As I start to speak the line goes dead. I let out a sob. He's back. He is back and going to hurt my baby. He's going to hurt Jug.
After a few minutes I stand up on shaky legs and splash my face with some water. Quickly I put a band aid for my finger and go back to the salad like nothing happened.
I can't deal with this now. Once Jughead is asleep I can deal with it. For now I will have this dinner and be happy.
"Hey baby, can you bring me a platter?" Jug said as he opens the door a little.
"Y-yeah, coming." I say and bring one out, putting on a convincing smile.
"Thank you." He says and kisses me softly.
After setting everything up we eat and make small talk, telling each other about random things.

"Hey Betts?" Jughead says as we crawl into bed.
"Yeah?" I ask and look up.
"I'm so happy. I love you so so much." He says and kisses me. I smile wide and kiss him deeper.
"I love you too baby." I whisper and lay down on his chest.
What am I going to do?

A/N
Hey
I just started virtual school which is blah but I did write this chapter cause I finally got inspiration on what to have happen next. I knew I wanted Malachi to make an appearance but I didn't know how.
I'm already starting the next chapter but idk when it'll be done sorry
Uh for anyone wondering no my mental health is not better it's still shit but that's ok cause we don't have the energy to do anything about it
Sorry if I don't make any sense I have insomnia and last night it was rlly bad so I was woke up from like 1:30-5 and only got a few hours of sleep before my class which i just finished yay but off to three more
If u read all of this congratulations I didn't even I never proof read my notes at the end 😚✌️
Anywhoooo
Have a great day beautifuls I love you all