Chapter 18: One for Me and One for You

BPOV:

This is a big week. I get my crutches away, and college letters are coming on Wednesday. I am slowly picking everything up and putting it back together. While its still hard for physical contact with anyone one but Jug, my mom, V, Cher, and Kev, I'm working on it. This will always hurt, but I am getting better.

Jug was at a Serpent meeting and I was just sitting on my bed with V, doing homework and talking when I got an idea.
"V!" I say and she turns her head to me.
"Ok, so you know how I have my cuff. I was thinking, and maybe I could get Jug something. Like his own version of a cuff from me." I say, picking at my lip and she smiles big.
"OMG Yes! And you could give it to him after you open college letters!" She squeals and I smile big.
"I wish I had your relationship. You two are endgame." She says and I start thinking.
I want it to be leather like the cuff, but the letters to be silver. On the inside I want it to have the day we got together too.
As I think, I also text Toni for some help and she just tells me to go to the Wyrm and she can help, telling me Jug will be gone in about 10 minutes so I should be in the clear.
"Hey V, I gotta go to the Wyrm, Toni is gonna help me make it." I explain and she nods.
"Ok, tell me how it goes." She says. I just tell her to lock up when she is done with her paper, not minding her being here without me. Her and Jug both have keys to the house, and can come whenever they want, even if I'm not home.

"Hey Toni!" I say and crutch into the Wyrm. All the Serpents know me and respect me, they know better than to not. I have made friends with some too, like Toni, Fangs, and Sweet Pea mainy.
"Hey!" I say and crutch up to a barstool. Someone pulls it out and I see Sweets.
"Hey Coop." He says and I smile.
"Hi." I respond.
"Jug just left." He says and I nod.
"I know." I tell him and he looks confused. "It's a surprise." I explain and he just nods, getting a drink.
"Ok, so here are the cuffs with nothing on them." Toni says and hands me a brown leather bracelet. "Normally, other people don't get them, but you are the king's girl, and it's been almost a year. Also if we weren't 18 you two would be married." She says and I blush. "So what do you want on it?"
"Well, on the inside I want the day we started dating, October 18th, and on the outside I want the same things it says on mine, but Betty Cooper instead of Jughead Jones." I say and she nods.
About ten minutes later, she appears with a cuff that says on the top, 'Property of Betty Cooper' in silver and on the inside it says '10.18.19'.
"Here it is. Do you like it?" Toni asks and I smile.
"I love it." I whisper and she laughs.
"Ok, here is how you open it. Everyone but the king and queen have the same lock, and I gave you the queen lock. All you do is twist it here." She says and points to part of the mechanism." push this." She says, gesturing to a button. "And then either click it in or pull it out." She says pointing to the final thing. "Except I know that will be on for good." She smirks and I smile.
"Thank you Toni, so much!" I squeal and she laughs.
"Of course. When are you giving it to him?" She asks.
"After we open the letters from NYU." I say.
"Aww, that's sweet. I know you two will get in." She says and I look at my own cuff.
"I hope so." I whisper.

I was laying in bed with Jug's arms around me, thinking. What if we both didn't get into NYU? What if he didn't like the cuff? What if he only thought it was for Serpents?
"Baby, what's wrong?" Jughead asks worried.
"Nothing." I lie and he knows it.
"Betty. I'm not dumb. What's wrong?" He asks and I face him.
"I'm stressed about NYU. What if we both don't get in?" I ask and he shrugs.
"First, we will. And second, if for some crazy reason we don't, then we will do long distance and visit on weekends and holidays." He says and kisses me. "We are not falling out baby."
I sigh and put my head back onto his chest, hoping that will be true...

"Betts, we gotta get up." I hear Jug whisper and groan. "You get your crutches away today." He says and I shoot up. I hate these things.
"Well come on, lets go!" I say and he chuckles.
Soon we are at the doctor's office and they are taking X-Rays of my leg and doing an overall check up.
"Well Elizabeth, good news. No more crutches." The doctor says and Jug kisses my forehead. "Now, you have to wear the boot a little longer than expected, for three more weeks." She says and I groan.
"Ugh, I have to graduate with this thing." I say and Jug chuckles. "Well, at least I can walk." I say.
"So, Elizabeth, how have you been doing in other aspects, like mentally?" She asks and my shoulders fall.
"Its hard. No doubt. But I am doing a little better everyday. I don't have nightmares as much. A few people can touch me without me freaking out. I think the therapy is helping." I start. "I went to see Malachi. I think it helped bring closure. Now I am trying to focus more on myself and picking up the pieces but there are so many." I explain and she gives me a small smile.
"Well, I know you may not see it, but you are making a lot of progress. I'm proud of you." She says and Jughead hugs me.
"I am too baby. You are so much stronger than you think."

A/N
Helloooo
Ok so not much to say here is an update. Betty keeps moving on but it was a very big thing so it's not just gonna go away. Like it's not the focus anymore other things are happening but it will be there because if something like that were to happen you wouldn't just move on in a week.
Comment and vote please
Love you guys