Chapter 10 - Paint Fight (unedited)

• Dedicated to Nina

Hey, so it has been approximately a month since i last updated :( hopefully i will get a couple of chapters up pretty soon as ive finishied school :) The dedication goes out to my best friend who is moving schools, I will miss you :) Hope you like this chapter and as always 'read, vote and comment' if you guys are going to read it can u at least comment on how it is, please.

Allane13

-

-

-

-

-

-

"So I have a girlfriend who is the daughter of a vampire?" Lucas smirks and kisses me.

"I can get use to that if it means I can stay with you." Lucas kisses me again, longer and more passionate. I smile at him happy that he accepts me for who I am.

"Okay, from now on there will be no more secrets." I say sighing as I realise what I will have to say. Lucas nods in reply, his face more serious now.

"The reason I'm such a young pack leader is because my father, the old alpha, was killed when I was fourteen. He was killed by a clan of vampires, they attacked with the purpose of killing him and..." He falters for a moment reliving his past.

"And me. They captured me but didn't kill me because I wasn't able to turn into a wolf yet, they also caught my mother. They tortured my mother endlessly but I couldn't even shift to save her." His voice goes heavy and he puts his head in his hands. I sit up and hug him letting him know that I'm here for him.

"A young girl, maybe twelve came into the doorway and saw me and my mother. The thought of the head vampire hurting an innocent girl like that enraged me beyond belief. I shifted and escaped leaving her and my mother behind, a decision I will regret forever." He looks up at me with tear filled eyes. I feel horrible as I know exactly what happened after he left.

"I captured Brandon because I wanted to find out which vampire and vampire clan caught me. I don't even know if that girl or my mother survived."

"Lucas......" I trail off as he looks up.

""Your mother didn't make it but the girl did." Lucas looks at me as if he is about to cry but then smiles weakly, his eyes still full of pain.

"I'm glad that the girl survived, but how do you know this?" Lucas asks me,

"Because I'm that girl Lucas, the man who captured you is my father." He stares at me horrified, his mouth is open and his eyes pained.

"Your father killed my parents." He asks hoarsely not able to believe it. I look down at the floor not able to meet his eyes.

"But that's not all. My father is the clan leader, that's why I have this tattoo; I'm able to scare away any thirsty vampires." As I'm saying this I hold up the inside of my left wrist. The tattoo is still there, black and bold. I do know that the second I join the Pine Wood pack it will disappear. I'm worried about Lucas' reaction; he is just sitting there struck dumb. I...I don't know what to say to him, he's just sitting there looking blankly at the ground, I can barely tell if he is breathing.

************************

A week has passed since I told Lucas, he has taken it very well considering that it was a big thing for him to consider and work it out. I hear footsteps coming down the hall, hopefully its Lucas, he was supposed to bring me more paint for the wall. I'm painting it a light mauve (purple) and the other walls light blue.

"Hi Kat!" Nick's voice sounds behind me.

"Hey Nick!" I smile, turning around from painting the walls. His arms are straining as he is carrying two large buckets of paint.

"I thought Lucas was bringing them up?" I ask confused, Nicks smile falters for a moment but then returns brighter than ever,

"He had to do something. Do you want some help?" I nod, smiling. He sets down the paint buckets with a sigh and picks up a paintbrush.

"So you're the vampire girl now?" I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Great, just what I needed, the entire pack knowing about my parents." Nick shrugs his shoulders.

"Sorry."

"Wait, it was you who told everyone?" I question shocked

"Yep." I growl at him, he growls back sounding much more impressive and scary. I dip my paintbrush in the purple paint bucket and flick it towards him. He looks at me in shock with paint dribbling down his face.

"Did you just...?" I grin evilly at him. His eyes narrow and flicks paint towards me, I duck and it hits Lucas, who just walked in, in the face. His eyebrows rise in surprises as Nick's face grows horrified.

"What the...?" Lucas speaks at the same time as Nick.

"I'm so sorry Lucas!" I smirk, silently laughing at both of their faces. I walk up to Lucas and peck him on the cheek.

"I'm so sorry, my sweet Lucas...Nick just couldn't control himself." I hold in my laughter shaking violently as Nick glares at me and takes a step forward, growling softly under his breath.

"Okay, judging by the paint on Nick's and my face, I'm guessing you two." Pointing at me and Nick,

"Had a paint fight?" We both nod in unison while silently laughing at Lucas's face. A paint drop gathers on the end of his nose and drops onto his shirt, his sparkling, white shirt. He grins at Nick and nods. They both walk over to the paint buckets and dip their paintbrushes in, my eyes widen as I realise what it means. I scream and run out of the door with the two boys chasing me down the hallway.

-

-

-

-

-

-

So, it wasn't a very long chapter but hopefully you liked the Lucas and Kat scenes with Nick. It will be a bit slow now but it will pick up soon I promise, I have worked out the plan for the rest of the book but i haven't wrote the chapters yet

Allane13