Proposal

—-Loki—-

I meet Peter near the cliffside I'm supposed to meet Sam here in less than an hour. I've decided to wear a variation of the suit I most often wear on missions so people will recognize me more easily.

"So dude you're finally doing this huh?"

I nod. I'm incredibly nervous though as is my nature I feel I'll hide it well once he turns on the camera.

"Well how long do we have? We should probably start filming."

"Yeah..."

"Come on man don't be nervous there's no way she's gonna turn down the heartthrob of the decade."

I raise my eyebrow in disbelief. 'What is he talking about?'

"Seriously, I overheard some girls on my campus that wouldn't shut up about you."

Well that's new information. I smile slightly.

"There that. Keep doing that. That's perfect!"

I smile a bit wider at his ridiculousness. He smiles in approval then pulls on his mask as takes out his camera and steps away from me he begins a very upbeat introduction to his video. He walks with the camera as he talks until I am in the shot.

"Hey guys it's your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man! I'm here with my friend Loki in New Asgard. His girlfriend Sam is gonna be here any minute and I'm gonna try and catch him proposing to her on video without being seen by her."

He turns to me and puts me on the spot.

"You ready dude?!"

Luckily I'm, as Sam put it, 'one suave motherfucker' and I'm able to push my nerves aside. I give a thumbs up and nod admittedly not entirely trusting myself with speaking to the public that despises me. Peter spends some time talking about Sam as we wait.

"...You guys would know her as Miss Medic or if all goes well I should say Mrs. Medic. She's also an Avenger and-."

I stop him suddenly covering his mouth. I whisper

"Go hide she's almost here."

He nods trusting my ability of observation and crouches down in some tall grass a bit away from me. I sigh at the situation I now find myself in only Peter or Sam could talk me into putting myself out for the world to see like this. Sure enough seconds later Sam emerges over a hill. I can't help but meet her halfway to me.

"Thought I heard you coming love."

She blushes at my term of endearment. I had begun using the terms more after asking Logan and receiving his blessing it just felt right and it makes her blush so adorably.

"Hey trouble."

She gets up on her tiptoes and pecks me on the cheek. Knowing that thousands are going to be seeing this causes me to blush. Seeing this she smiles then glances at the horizon.

"Come watch the sunset with me."

I nod. We move out towards the cliffside looking at the sunset. I find myself speaking somehow not needing to give myself a pep talk about it.

"Sam I have a question for you."

She looks over at me completely casually answering lazily.

"Yeah?"

I get down on one knee and her demeanor immediately shifts to one of surprise. I summon the ring and show it to her.

"Mortal... will you marry me?"

She looks shocked for a moment covering her mouth with her hands she's silent and I begin to wonder if I've done this too soon

She looks shocked for a moment covering her mouth with her hands she's silent and I begin to wonder if I've done this too soon. 'You oaf she isn't ready for this.' I feel my expression shift. Though I don't want to I know I look disappointed. I stand up awkwardly still holding the ring in my hand.

She then begins to nod tears flow from her eyes and she moves her hands away from her face taking my hand and silently slipping the ring onto her finger. She's smiling and nodding silently. I smile she hadn't been rejecting my request I had simply made her speechless with it.

"Lo'..."

She grabs the back of my head and pulls me down into a kiss she kisses me deeply. Then just clings to me. My expression shifts again but this time I'm overjoyed.

"Should I take that as a yes?"

She giggles and nods again. I make my own ring appear on my finger. Peter stands up and steps out of the grass now rid of his mask he gives Sam a smile and a wave then points to the camera. Sam smiles fondly at him and waves to him and his audience. She then takes hold of my arm and we begin to walk back to the house. We will be needing our Sling Rings.