Surviving The Ice Age's Meltdown [Finale]

A/N: Seriously, I have to thank you guys so much. I never thought much about how this would even have a fan base but I seriously thank you guys so much. Your comments that you leave, I love to read them for they always make me smile, make me feel good and get the motivation to do what I do. I'm so happy to hear how much you love this book, honestly without you guys, this wouldn't be possible. I'm glad y'all are enjoying it as much as I am writing it. 

As I said before, Misfit Herd ends here and the rest will be continued in another book which I'll try to get out as soon as possible. In the meantime, I may potentially get another fanfic out to work on in between which may be - from my top most wanted stories to write list- a Twisted Wonderland (I'm seriously so into that), Bungou Stray Dogs, Wolf's Rain, Dance with Devils, K-Project, Snow White with the Red Hair, a Disney or Marvel/DC movie, Harry Potter or Black Butler. I can't really say or promise what will come out as my writing mood constantly changes and my confidence with what people will actually read and like is something I gotta deal with from time to time but here's that notification in between the Ice Age split~! 

Anyways, onto the finale and again, thank you so much, I love you all, you guys are amazing and stay that way! <3 <3 <3

______________________________

 I coughed, I hacked, I took the biggest breath of air I could and when my eyes reopened-

"I never want to go near water as long as I live!" The chuckles were clear, everyone was safe and sound. Yet my eyes were on Diego- "You really did it, didn't you Diego...? You beat your fear and swam in the unknown."

"It's more or less the fact I didn't know what I was doing til I was already doing it." He replied, softly chuckling with a smile,

"Yeah, you should've sheen him Jade!!" Sid exclaimed, happily as he leaned over the saber's shoulder, "He dove straight in without hesitatshion! And he kept calling out to you-!"

"Sid, shut up!! She doesn't need to know any of that!!" The saber was embarrassed, glaring yet underneath the fur I saw him blushing red. 

Sid grinned too happily, "C'mon, she should atleash know she's the reason you conquered your-AHHH!!!" The sloth jumped to avoid the swipe, clinging onto the semi-wet Manny before climbing up his leg to safety. "Ha! You misshed!!"

"I ain't kissing you." He hissed,

"Nah, we all know that's for Jade." Sid giggled like a schoolcub, making Diego shake his head as I attempted to sit up, needing help from Ellie and Manny.

"What happened...?" I asked softly, looking at everyone with confusion, "Ellie and I were trapped... we should be dea- wait, are we all actually up in the great big land in the sky?"

"No we're alive as alive can be." Ellie replied, "Manny and Diego managed to get us free." I looked towards the mammoth, who took over the explanation,

"Our friends from before returned- they gave Diego and I a pretty good fight."

"We only managed once we drove them close enough and they pushed the trunk far enough to pry the rock open for us to get to you." The saber continued, nodding to confirm Manny's statement. 

I scoffed in disbelief, but smiling nonetheless, "Hey atleast Tubby and Spikes did something good for us!" The laughter- the joy- the happiness... it was real and there as we stood there together, cheering for our victory against mother nature but then, even though I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, the water was rising again and we instantly stopped celebrating.