The Trio of Possums... One Who's A Mammoth

"Well shave me down and call me a molerat!!!" Sid exclaimed with a big smile as he walked up to Manny, the only one out of us three not shocked by the scene in front of us. "You found another mammoth!"

The unknown mammoth's eyes went wide with surprise, "Where??" She looked around before looking at the three confused, "Wait, I thought mammoths were extinct"

I swear we all wanted to face-palm ourselves in that moment though I think our shocked from the mammoth's words stopped us from doing so. 

She then raised her brow, and gave us a weird look, "What are you looking at me for?" I did a quick sideways glance, seeing each of my companions giving her  an 'are-you-serious?' and 'is-she-for-real?' mixed look.

Manny shrugged, looking to the side for a quick second, "I don't know maybe because you are one?" 

She immediately scoffed, "Me? Don't be silly! I'm not a mammoth, I'm a possum!!" 

I slapped my paw to my forehead as I groaned, muttering to the guys under my breath, "Is this mammoth serious?"

Manny slightly chuckled in disbelief, "Yeah good one" -He nodded his head- "and I'm a newt. This is my friend the badger," -He pointed to Diego, who smiled- "and his wife" -He then gestured to me, making our smiles fell as we shared a deadpan look before glaring up at the stubborn mammoth, who smirked smugly- "And my other friend the platypus." The sloth also gave a toothy grin before he frowned up at him. "Why do I got to be the platypus?" -He threw a claw at the saber beside me- "make him the platypus!"

"These dudes messing with you sis?" One of the possums asked as they marched upon her tusks and glared at us,

"Sis ?!!" We shouted in disbelief and in unison,

The mammoth nodded her head, "That's right. These are my brothers. Possum, Possum," -She pointed at her brothers then at herself- "Possum" We all stared strangely at her as we blinked our eyes.

"I don't think her tree goes up all the way to the top branch" Manny muttered to us as the mammoth girl just gave us a kind smile.

"Manny... the brink of extinction is a bad time to be picky" Sid muttered right back in a matter-of-fact tone. His eyes then widen as a smile came upon his face, "Hey, she should come with us!"

At the sloth's suggestion, Manny's eyes immediately narrowed and his head snapped towards him, "Are you insane?!!" He seethed, "No way!"

Sid then got that smirk on his face as he shrugged his shoulders, "Ok!"- and walked up to the trio, "Manny wants me to ask you if you'd like to escape the flood with us!" My jaw dropped at the same time Manny did.

"What??!" He did a double-take, looking at me and Diego the second time,

"Gotta admit, you kinda saw that coming" The saber beside me murmured,

The possums hopped off her tusks and stalked over to him, "I'd rather be roadkill!" The one on our right exclaimed,

"That can be arranged!" Diego snarled, getting up in his face.

"Diego..." I warned, holding him back by placing my paw against his chest,

"Ha, funny!" The girl mammoth chuckled nervously with the same emotion-filled face as she wrapped her trunk around her brothers at the same time as me, "Let me have a little word with my brothers," They then went off to side and murmured to each other,

"OW!" Sid whined as he held onto his head for Manny had slapped him upside it,

"Why did you invite them?" He snapped