chapter 11

The song is Lay Me Down by Sam Smith
Thanks for reading :)

••••••••••••••••∆•••••••••••••••••••

"Sir, you have a mild concussion, busted lip, and your going to need a few stitches ." the guy nurse tells Damon, his name tag says John.

I feel so bad about hurting him, I just can't control myself when someone calls another person pipsqueak. Something inside me snaps when I hear that word.

"Are you able to take him home and look after him, he's gonna need it after what happened to him?" John asks me.

"Of course, he lives with me." I tell the him.

John asks, "Is he your brother or something, if you don't mind me asking?"

Me and Damon look at each other.

"No I'm not, we're just living together." Damon tells John.

"Newlyweds?" He raises his left eyebrow

I chuckle and shake my head "Umm no we're only 18."

"What's your case then?" He asks.

"My mom kicked me out." Damon says looking at the ground

"Oh kid that's sad, but at least you got this pretty girl looking after you, right?" John nudges him playfully trying to lighten the mood.

Damon laughs "Yeah she even cooks me food, really good food."

"Oh, you got yourself a keeper son, if she cooks you food." John tells him.

"Can we go, or do we have to wait for the doctor." I ask the nurse.

"The doctor has already informed me about Mr. Square's injuries and you can leave whenever but make sure he takes the prescribed pain medication for when the pain gets too much to bear." John said handing me the baggy with Damon's meds.

"Me? Not handle pain? Please I always have pain with you Rosabella."

I lean into Damon and whisper in his ear "You're lucky we're in public."

"We should get going, later dude." He puts his arm around my neck for support and we walk out of the hospital to my car.

As Damon gets into the passenger seat I jump into the drivers side and start the car.

"Just out of curiosity what would you have done if we weren't in public?" He asks with a thoughtful look on his face.

I turn my head slowly, look at Damon and say with complete seriousness "I would have chopped you up into itty bitty pieces stick you into a blender add some lemon juice to make it burn. Turn the blender on and once you're all liquidy enough to drink I'll give you to the person I hate most."

There was a long silence before he said something.          "I am sorry for the person who gets on your bad side."

"It's usually you Damon."

"Oooo say my name again it sounds hot." He winked at me smirking.

"You would say that." I drive out of the hospital parking lot and to home.

"I would? What are you trying to say princess, am I becoming predictable?" Damon asks.

"Nah, it just sounds like something you would say." I tell him as turn a corner a bit too sharply.

"Aww jeez Rose, slow the hell down my shoulder hurts." He says holding his right shoulder.

"You said you can handle pain! Liar liar pants on fire!" I pull into my drive way.

"You're such a kid." Damon unbuckles and gets out of the car. "But I love it." he adds.

"You're only saying that because you want me to make you something to eat."  We walk into the house.

"Well you do make good food." He says. I kick him on his leg.

I check my watch "Oh whatever. You should go to bed, it's already 12:38  and I'm exhausted."

He gives me a look "You're exhausted! Rose you beat the shit out of me I should be the one exhausted, and you say you are!"

"Do you know how much energy it takes to beat you up. You're just tired because of your injuries." I smirk at him.

"Just wait until I feel better. Can you sleep with me tonight Rose, just in case." Damon asks.

I think about it. "Yeah sure, only because you're not well enough to do any funny business, but if you even try I'll make you go back to the ER." I poke my index finger at his chest.

"I wouldn't dare as long as we can cuddle, you kind of owe me."

"Hmmmm, okay but –"

Damon cuts me off "I know, I know, I won't."

"I gotta change first then I'll go lay with you." I walk up the stairs and into my room.

I do my usual nightly routine and put my hair up.

When I walk in I see that he's only in his boxers, which doesn't bug me because Jake sleeps in his boxers too.

"Okay let's lay down now." Damon says as he climbs into the bed opening his arms for me.

"Okay." I lay into his arms and take in the smell of the room. It smells really good, I like his cologne. 

"Mmm this is nice right, Rose?" He asks.

"Surprisingly yes, it is." I relax into his arms.

"Goodnight Rosie." Damon says holding me tighter.

"Night Damon." I close my eyes and fall asleep almost instantly.