16. We're on the Titanic, my love

Chapter 16: We're on the Titanic, my dear. You know how this ends, right?

A boy pulled down his hood to reveal brown hair as he sat on a stool with his guitar. A magical device was used to amplify his voice, so with just one word of his, I knew who he was.

Because there existed no one else in the book that could bring this reaction out of the people.

The boy with the voice that could charm even the most stoic of hearts. The male lead that would in the future make this empire fall in love with him.

That boy was Iveren Valdia.

And here he was in front of me on a stage with a guitar as he hid his light blue teal coloured hair under a wig.

The band behind him began to play their instruments and with a small smile, Iveren started strumming his guitar. His voice filled the area and people could only stare as what could only sound like the voice of an angel reached their ears and hearts.

...To think a day would come when I'd experience Iveren's power first-hand.

Iveren was one of the male leads of the book, who met heroine once she started school and he fell in love with her when she helped him overcome his situation and encouraged him to follow his dream of being a musician. He relied on her... because he was being abused.

His father, a count, believed he was a disgrace for being so obsessed with music instead of acting like a proper noble son, and so he was always belittled and treated harshly at home; always having insults hurled cruelly at him. It was heroine's kindness that saved him and her comfort that helped him achieve his dream.

My eyes were glued onto the boy on the stage. Even with his hair in a different colour, his beauty remained untouched. He looked like a living work of art; he had pale skin from staying indoors with his musical instruments all the time but right now his cheeks had a faint blush from the high he was feeling from being on the stage, doing what he loved best.

...This is when he feels most alive. When he's singing his heart out, surrounded by music.

I was too far to see his bright turquoise blue eyes, but I knew that they were probably sparkling.

His voice is insane but his looks are unreal too... he looks like a fairy prince that came out to play amongst humans.

His voice continued to dance with the music and in that instant, I was taken.

In this time, I knew the most about him, and yet, I knew nothing at all. It was such a strange feeling. Right now, I even had knowledge about him that he himself had yet to learn; but I didn't know the boy, and he didn't know me. It was a feeling of nostalgia and loneliness.

After all, Iveren was a boy I had come to love with my heart.

Emotions, feelings and flashbacks from my past life returned, of the moments I was reading the novel. My toes curled with excitement and happiness whenever he made an appearance in the book. I used to feel butterflies in my stomach, and my lips would automatically smile- as they were doing right now.

Reading him, I had come to learn the meaning of 'sweet love.'

He always made me feel so warm, it was hard not to love him; his was a story that made me yearn for that type of love.

I brought my fingers to my lips subconsciously at this sudden surge of emotions.

"You like guys like him?"

I was pulled out of my daze by Rezel's curious voice. My eyes snapped to him in surprise.

...How is he so casual? Everyone is captivated by Iveren right now.