Chapter 19: Unbelievable

a/n o hello. how are you. anxious to read? here, have some tennet booty. i know all of you will enjoy this chapter VERY much, updating sooner than normal yay. :*

I WILL EDITED THIS FANFIC ONCE IT IS FINISHED.

Once we reach to Thor's destination, I made sure to set the vehicle close enough for escape, but far away so that they couldn't see it. We crawl to the edge of the ridge and look out to an impressive base that illuminated the night. Around it was a gate to keep out outsiders with no permission. I place my binoculars to my eyes and search through the area. This place is very protective and locked down.

"You're going to need this." Thor speaks up while handing a jacket to me.

I raise an eyebrow in a questioning manner. "Why is that?" Suddenly, I can hear thunder booming in the distance, causing me to flinch.

"Stay here," He orders quietly. "Once I have Mjolnir, I will return what they have stolen from your companion Jane."

"Wait, Mjolnir?" I repeat. "Isn't that your hammer?"

Thor gives a wide smile that causes my chest to tighten up, a slight pain striking. "You are a very clever mortal, aren't you?" He pauses for a few seconds. "Do we have a deal?"

I snap out of it, he's referring for me to stay put here. "No! Look down there, you can't just walk in, grab our stuff, then walk out! They'll kill you!"

"No," He replies. I feel content that he agrees with me and sigh in relief. "I'm going to fly out." He finishes his sentence.

Before I could properly react he begins his descent down the hill and onto the area. I frantically scramble up to stand and attempt to stop him by words. He ignores me and heads closer to them. That idiot will get himself hurt, he isn't in his Aesir form so he cannot heal from horrible wounds.

In defeat I sit back down and intently watch, feeling a few droplets of water fall onto my head. I take the jacket and drape it over myself, watching them with a close eye. An annoying alarm begins to blare from the tents and security lights explode to life and search around the area. This mustn't be good.

A spotlight fires towards my direction and I duck down to hide from it. I swallow nervously and reach into my pocket, pulling out the cellular device that Jane gave to me for emergencies. I dial Erik's number since I don't want to deal with Jane and her anger at the moment. He doesn't answer and his voice mail speaks to me instead.

I speak quietly but urgently, unsure of what to physically do right now. "Erik, okay, first of all, don't worry. I'm perfectly fine, really." More sounds of mayhem come from the base. I really hope he can't hear what's happening and go into a fit of anxiety. "But if you do not hear from me again, you might consider traveling to the crater site and search for me. I kind of did what you said I should not have done. So um, my thanks. Farewell."

I end the call and place it back into my pocket, fear for Thor rising in the pit of my stomach is causing me to feel uneasy. I peer over the ridge and stare down at the frenzied aftermath of what looks like an ATV crash. The noise of alert becomes obnoxiously louder, causing me to shutter. More lightning cracks in the sky behind me, this thunder storm isn't helping.

I grip onto the jacket and feel the rain become more heavy, pattering onto my jacket harder than before. I take out the binoculars and look out to the base, but I can't see clearly through this rain. Frustrated, I throw the tool down and patiently wait for the next few minutes.

One more time, I thought while grabbing the binoculars. I see the SHIELD Agents and Guards swarming into what appears to be a cube like containment structure. It's where they're keeping Mjolnir so they're after Thor.