Chapter Eight

Even though Brennah told her father that she would not  practice for the games. She still wanted to be the best queen she could be. So she talked him into letting her practice for that. And with that she started with the bow. That was the only thing that she needed to learn. Of the next two weeks she became really  good. Her father came to check on her from time to time. He was starting to see that she would make a great queen for this kingdom. She did her best to learn all she could be for the games started in the next few weeks. She spent time with Lana, she made sure that her sister was not forgotten. And now that Lilith was here she need to find out more about her parents infidelity. As far as she knew she was the only child they had together, and she was the last that her mother had. She knew that her father had other women around the castle but Lana was the only the only child that came of that. Or she thought that Lana was the only one.

"What are you thinking?" The voice was behind her.

"Lana, and how many others that are out there. And if my father had a son out there that should have the kingdom." Brennah looked into Aleck's eyes.

"Brennah now is not the time to be thinking about that."

"But what if there is a son that enters the games, and wins and....."

"You can not think like that."

"You are right. But now that I know that there are two other girls I want to spend more time with them."

"Lana, Lilith, and you should talk to the king and queen after the games."

"I plan on it. But right now I just want to spend time with you and Lana. If I don't win I pray that you do. I don't think i could marry ant other man other than you. That is bold but that is how I feel. I think that I am falling in love with you."

Aleck just looked at her, "Do you know that you will be the only woman that I will ever love. If you have to marry another I will have to leave. I would not be able to see you with another."

She wanted him to hold her and tell her that everything will be okay but she knew he could not do that.

Brennah had no idea that her mother was watching them. The queen had to think of a way to keep him from entering the games. Only now Brennah had him wrapped around her finger. she had to come up with something and soon.

The king was also watching them in the garden. He saw that his daughter was falling for this man. But that can not happen. He was her bother. He had to tell her but he did not know how.

If Brennah knew that there was so many eyes on her she would had got up and went on her way. But the king and the queen was watching and off at a distance Aleck's grandfather was also watching them. He had to tell Aleck that he was the kings oldest son from his first wife. But how was he going to tell him.

A messenger came to Brennah and handed her something. A letter from her father. He was wanting to talk to her and he needed to do that now. "I must go my father is calling for me."

She walked to where he told her to meet him. "Father what is it that we need to talk about?"

When she sat down Aleck came into the room and the king told him to sit.

"I know that the two of you have feeling growing for each other, but that can not be so. You two are my children. Aleck was from my first marriage."

The king waited to hear what they each had to say.

"After all this time you are just now telling us. Father all of this could have been avoided."

Aleck said nothing. And then "WHY?"

"Look the queen does not know this. I gave you to your grandfather so that she would not kill you. she did not even want Brennah so I knew that i had to get you away."

"She didn't want me?"

"No, we had to get a wet nurse to feed you when you were born."

"Well not that we are talking about this, she has a daughter other than me. Her name is Lilith. And she his here. Father if Lilith is telling me the truth then you would not believe what she made her on child do."

"Can I talk to this Lilith?"

Brennah called for her. "Lilith I want you to tell the king what you told me."

Lilith told him the things that she had to do and what happen when she did not. She showed him her back.

"You know that I have to have prove that all these things happen. With out that I can not do anything. She is the queen after all."

"Father I will not enter the games."

"And neither will I. I can not try and will the hand of my sister."

It was had to hear that he was her brother but she was thankful to have him and not some one she did not know.

"Son, you and your grandfather can move into the castle if the two of you want too."

"I will ask him sir."

"If you want to know I loved your mother and there has not been anther in my heart."