~Chapter Ten~

-(Author's Rambling)-

Wow, you have to read my rambling before the chapter this time? How odd. Well, the whole chapter is odd, I suppose. How so, you may ask? Well, for instance, you may have noticed that in previous chapters, there has only been one POV-- ie, the entire chapter is in Grian's perspective. For this one, however, that is not the case. I made an executive decision, as I don't want to split this chapter up into multiple parts. So, you'll just see POV indicators in various spots. Thought y'all should know before you read!

Also this is take two because Wattpad decided not to work. Yay...

Anyway, since I won't be able to say this later, thanks for coming and see you in the next one, my little readers!

Promise out!

---------------

The moment the dawn broke the sky, Grian awoke with a jolt. In an instant, he had swung his legs over the side of his bead, hurriedly grabbing a handful of carrots for breakfast. He shoved a few in his mouth, not paying attention to the flavor. He was in a rush, after all, for today was the day he and Scar would-- hopefully-- figure out what was keeping Mumbo away for three entire months.

The rising sun shone upon Grian's back as he soared across Hermitcraft, his gray-purple elytra wings carrying him through the air. As he was flying, Grian realized he had no clue where he was supposed to be going. He and Scar had never discussed where to meet up. The brit chuckled sheepishly to himself as he decided to simply head over to his 'shop'; that was his best bet. As he expected, no-one was there when he arrived. After all, it was still just sunrise; no-one who had gotten any sleep was really up yet. While he waited for his comrade to arrive, he started to hum a random tune, making it up as he went along.

"Hummin' a song... While I wait for Scar to come 'long...!" The brit began to add words to his tune, unaware that his friend had arrived. That is, until he heard an ahem from beside him and turned to see a familiar Hermit in a wizard costume standing there, a small smirk visible of his face. Grian's face immediately reddened. "Oh- sorry Scar, didn't see you there," he mumbled sheepishly, rubbing his neck.

Scar laughed. "Nah, it's okay. Entertaining, to say the least." After a pause, he clapped his hands together. "Well, shall we go?" The sudden movement sent the star on Scar's hat bouncing, and Grian noticed what seemed to be a bright yellow shard of glass hanging from his neck.

The brit raised an eyebrow. "Yes, but first- what's that you got there?" His voice twinged upwards in a playful accusation as he crossed his arms. He knew what it was before Scar even started to explain. A 'magic crystal', of course. And his assumption was exactly right.

"It's a new crystal," Scar explained proudly, holding up the tiny glass-crystal-thing. "I made it special for today."

"Pssshhh, okay. Magic crystal." Grian rolled his eyes at Scar and his baloney wizardry. It was so silly, but Grian was impressed at how well Scar was able to keep the act up. It must be rather draining, acting like a wizard all the time. It reminded the brit of his former life as Poultry Man, the superhero no-one wanted. He chuckled a bit to himself as he pulled a few rockets out of his pouch. "Let's go!"

------------------

Scar's POV-

Biting back a remark about how the magic crystals were definitely real, Scar shook his head. He shouldn't waste his energy on trying to convince Grian of their legitimacy, and simply appreciate that the magic worked for him. After a moment's wait, the Hermit followed Grian into the sky as they made their way to the Moustached Man's base. Soaring over the shopping district, the wizard marveled at how much stuff there was. There were the old ones, the ones that had been there since the start of the season-- Iskall's slime shop being a prominent one. There were newer ones-- Bdubs had recently opened up a custom map shop.