❤︎ Mistake

»»————-  ————-««

"Yeah... I think I do."
Kuroo Pov:
My heart dropped. Y/N, liked someone? Who could it be? I know they preferred to talk to boys... WHAT IF THEY LIKE THEIR OWN GENDER?!

My thoughts switched from the simplistic things to the most bizarre. Y/N had never told me their love life before; they never told anyone that I can think of.

"Y- You do?!" I stuttered out; my face turning red at the realisation that I stuttered. They just hummed, the fan on the table would blow their hair as the sun sets; a golden to pink colour. The light showing their most beautiful features - Of course, they'd deny it, but they looked beautiful. -

"I said I think." Y/N muttered, as they turned to face me with a pout coming across their face. Ah, that brings back a nostalgic feeling.

- Flashback~ -

"Kuroo!" Y/N panted, as they hid behind the sofa. Kuroo was currently trying to throw a pillow at them because Y/N had lost a bet. Kuroo has chased Y/N around his house, as both their parents were outside.
"You gotta be hit!" Kuroo sighed as he dragged the pillow along the corridor. Y/N was always faster and so they managed to lose Kuroo while running down the stairs and into the living room.

"Kuroo! Lookie! The sky is so pretty!" Y/N shouted as they scrambled to get over the sofa to watch the sunset through the open window.
"Wahhh~ I feel like i'm in one of those super cool mangas!" Y/N said, complete peace in their face. Kuroo loved this; their H/C hair blew with the soft wind and the golden sky glittered their face.

"Oowpfff!!"

Y/N quickly turned around to see Kuroo who was stood there awkwardly- a loose pillow in his left hand and his right one still midway from the pillow he threw.
Y/N put a hand behind their head with a pout coming across it, the sun highlighting the edge of their face.

- End of flashback~ -
3rd person POV:

"Hellooo?~ Earth to Kuroo?" A pink-cheeked Y/N said as they waved their hand in front of the bed-heads face.

"Huh?" Kuroo just said. Turning red after noticing the distance between the two. He couldn't look Y/N in the eyes, but he was drawn to their lips. They curved down in a frown as they sighed.

The way their lips moved hypnotised him. But, there was something still bugging him. WHO were they in love with?!

"Hey, Y/N?" He said, leaning away from them. They put their hand back down and leaned back too. Humming for
him to continue with what he was going to say.

"Who-"
"No."
"Oughhh! That hurt Y/N!"
"I've told you, no!" Y/N pouted.
"But-"
"He's..."

...

"Tall!"

Kuroo sweatdropped. He wasn't going to get anywhere with finding out who had already stolen your heart.

"Is it Kuroo?!" Hinata gasped,

Y/N looked away and a blush fell upon their face. They hid it well though.
"Haha! Of course it isn't him! Who would love him?" Y/N forced a laugh out, covering their mouth as an excuse to hide their blush that couldn't yet be seen.

Kuroo couldn't tell if Y/N was lying or not and exhaled sharply. He knew he liked them, and now he got his response. They didn't like him back.

"Well!~ Hinata why don't we go put you and Kenma to sleep hmm?" Y/N giggled as to change the awkwardness that was filling up the room. The two children didn't notice it but Kuroo and Y/N sure did.

As Y/N finished helping Kenma put on his pjs, they sighed and brought out a book.

"Nii-san... Kuroo loves you." Kenma said, tugging on their shirt.

"Yeah! Kuroo told me all about it!" Hinata chirped in, holding your other side of the shirt. Y/N smiled towards the two boys and pulled them into a hug.

"Kuroo loves me? He sure doesn't act like it..." Y/N sighed as the boys both settled in their shared bed with Y/N in the middle, holding and sharing the book.

Kenma was the first to sleep - as Hinata was reluctant and wanted to finish the book.

He was persistent enough to keep Y/N reading until they too, fell asleep.

——

Kuroo waited outside for Y/N to come out, he could gain more information in case it was Kuroo, the Volleyball team captain!

'Of course she'd like me...  Right?'

He sighed as he walked in to find Hinata, Kenma and Y/N all asleep together on the bed. Y/N looked so cute while they slept, as their mouth moved each breath they took.
A few strands of hair were in their face, so Kuroo did what anyone would do and moved them with my hands, tucking them behind their ears.

"I..." Y/N whispered, causing Kuroo to lean back. He could feel a heat rise to his cheeks, a forming blush.

"(B/F/N).." Y/N stuttered out - she must've been sleep talking.

"(B/F/N), huh? Well... I guess i'll set you two up? Hah? Wouldn't you like that." Kuroo snickered, sarcasm in his voice growing with each word he spoke out.
He grumbled to himself as he walked to the his room.

But only if he stayed a little longer he would've realised it wasn't (B/F/N) that Y/N was dreaming about, they were only part of it.

»»————-  ————-««

I'm super sorry this was very late and not as long as all my other chapters!! I'm like 300 words off but I really didn't know what else I could put... TT
Please accept this chapter! I promise i'll make better ones...
But, do you think Kuroo could fix this biiiiig mistake of his? I don't know if I wanna make this into an angst now.. Hehe~
Just kidding!! I wouldn't do that for ya just yet! I'm keeping it fluffy so you guys can have a happy ending.