The Night before.

I pace back in forth in the little hotel room, and I could hear my heart beating in my chest, ringing in my ears. What on earth was I even doing here? Why did I of all people even get a call back? I took a long overly exaggerated sigh as I fell back on my bed. I was to be at the production studio at 6 am in the morning, and I was positive I wasn't sleeping at all tonight. I picked up my phone and called the only person I knew could keep me from backing out.

"Lyric?" My best friend of ten years, and also the drummer in my band said on the other end of the phone.

"Chan." I say back quietly. I knew, that he knew that I was having second thoughts about this.

"I knew I would be getting a call sooner or later." He says back to me, I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Chan I don't think I can do this." I say after a minute of neither of us saying anything.

"Lyric, you're the most bad ass person I know. Of course you can do this." He says back, his voice comforting.

"But what if everyone thinks I'm weird? We both know I'm not the best at charming people over. I'm an outcast, I've had one boyfriend my entire life." I say quickly, blurting out everything I was feeling. "I've got the whole emo-goth thing going. I'm not cheery, I'm not out there. I'm not even sure why they would pick me honestly." I finish quietly. I could hear chandlers soft breathing on the other end of the phone followed by a quick sigh.

"We've been over this thousands of times. They picked you because they saw how amazing you are. Just because you embrace who you are as a person doesn't make you weird, it makes you amazing. You live life following the beat of your own drum." He says back matter of factly.

I scuff at his bad drum joke and roll my eyes knowing he couldn't see me. "As true as that might be we both have binged the previous seasons and the only person who even remotely looked like me who's been on is Lottie, Minus the attitude problem, and hypocritical behavior of course. I'm going to be pepper mixed in with a bunch of salt, screaming 'Look at me, I'm different' this is horrible, I shouldn't have done this." I finish quietly knowing he'd say back some type of encouraging shit back.

"You're the badass rocker chick who gets up every night in front of a large amount of people and sings, with no fear in the world. Go in there tomorrow with that attitude and you'll be fine. You're looks don't matter, your style doesn't matter, stay true to yourself and show everyone who you are. That's all that matters." He said with a hint of softness in his voice.

He knew better than anyone else how I felt about myself. I genuinely loved myself to my core, I loved how openly I could express myself, I didn't care who thought I was weird or anything else... but all of UK is going to be watching my every move and that's enough to make me puke.

I groaned out loud before answering. "I'm really not sure what I was thinking before I did this honestly."

"Drunk you thought it was a great idea, and drunk me went along with it one hundred percent. At the end of the day the producers thought you were one of the ones they were searching for, go out there tomorrow and give it your best." He says back with a chuckle.

I felt my eyes watering because not talking to him for two weeks is going to be hard. We've been connected at the hip since we both were 14, When he moved right next door to me, in South Carolina. He's one of the main reasons I moved to the UK. He went and then two weeks later I followed. He had already met the other guys in our band, but they were missing a singer. It wasn't a hard decision for me since I wasn't close with my family at all, I hadn't talked to my mom since I was 17. So I took a chance and here I am 3 years later, in this damn hotel room about to do the craziest thing I've ever done in my life.

"lyric are you listening to anything I'm saying?" I hear chandlers voice say cutting me out of my day dreaming.

"Sorry Chan, I zoned out." I say admitting I haven't heard anything.

I hear him scoff on the other end then chuckle.
"Go out and wow them tomorrow Star girl. I've got Whiskers, he's going to be fine."

I smile at the mention of my Fat fluffy cat and wish I could've snuck him in my bag. "Thanks for watching him again, I'm gonna miss both of you so much."

"It's not an issue at all girl, and you know it. We'll both be watching the television and cheering you on from my couch." He says,  I smile at his words and I'm silently proud of my self for calling him.

"I just needed the extra encouragement to go on and actually do this." I say gripping the phone.

I'm thankful it wasn't as long as last season was, but I still was going to be home sick to the extreme. I was going to miss Whiskers, and Chandler, and our movie nights and long talks. I was going to miss my band... but maybe this would be good for me.

"And that's why I answered. You never know Lyric, they might have the perfect brooding, anti-social guy there for you, just waiting for his perfect match." He says trying to sound serious.

A laugh escapes my lips before I even realize I'm laughing. "Chan, we've watched every season, all they ever have is proper gents and fuck boys."

At this point we're in full blown giggles, and my nerves have calmed extremely.

"You never know though. I'm sure you'll find someone who's perfect for you, and if you don't, fuck em." He says after our giggle fest ended.

"I'm going to stop obsessing over it, and just go with the flow. I guess part of me wanted to talk to you before I couldn't for two weeks." I respond.

We go on for a little while longer until every second thought I had in my mind was gone, we said our goodbyes, and hung up just as my eyes were closing shut.. hopefully this will go better than I think.