Chapter 4

This man. The man that currently is towering over me, while I'm lying on a table. He has been following me all of this time. Watching in the shadows. But I never expected him to be a major problem. Now he's finally come out of the shadows, and after all this time I've sworn up and down that I would skin and kill the person that's been causing this pain, these terrible memory's, the deaths of my friends and family, I feel nothing.

My emotions are numb. There's no way I could possibly explain why I'm numb, I just am. Time is frozen. It's a nice peacefulness, and if I could stay in this peaceful state forever, I would. But, unfortunately I'm just not that lucky. So, finally time comes back and the man is staring at me, waiting for a reply of course.

His black eyes stare at me like I'm an incompetent animal. As he opens his mouth again to speak, I see the sharp, yellow teeth in his mouth, as his sinister smile finds its way out in the open. I feel goose bumps rise on my skin just looking at him, but that's my body reacting, my brain, which is supposed to be filled with emotion, is still numb.

"I know it has, so your answer is irrelevant. Feel comfortable to talk to me freely, it's only going to benefit badly if you don't. Trust me, Alex, your friends would be telling you to talk if they were here. Unfortunately, they can't make an appearance. It's sad isn't it? But, I don't think that's the real tragedy, you can always make new friends, I think the real tragedy, Alex, is your father. You see, you will never be able to find another father." He stated in a completely nonchalant voice. His words fluently connecting in his swift voice.

Remember how I said I was numb to emotion? I lied. Right now I felt completely raw, overwhelming, rage. I could feel my heart thumping harder. My pulse getting faster. My vision starting to go red.

It wasn't the mention of my friends. Or how my opinion is irrelevant, but the mention of my father.

It was the way he said in in a 'matter of fact' voice. I clenched my jaw, trying not to burst out in emotion, because if I let the slightest bit escape, I would drown. Drown in all of the emotion, and then I wouldn't be able to breath. Suffocation. And then, as much anger I felt towards the very man in front of my, I would still cry. I knew it. Simply because of the fact that the mention of my dad was to much right now.

After my first couple of weeks here, I decided that I would keep my emotions in a box with I tight lock, because so much at once was so overwhelming. Suffocating. Drowning. I had to learn to deal with one thing at a time, the first being the matter at hand. But, now that the lock was broken on that box, all of my emotions were fighting there way out again. And I couldn't let that happen.

I could already feel the tears welling in the back of my eyes. I took breath after breath, trying to put all of my focus on my breathing patterns, and willing my new found pain away.

The man stood there still wearing the sinister smile from before. He could obviously see me struggling to keep myself together. All my emotions were gasoline, and the man standing in front of my held a simple match, with the power to burn my box, the Box that I had worked so hard to create, and let the smoke raise.

And here I was hoping for rain.

" I see one of my servants, Felix was his name, slightly injured your head."

Did he say was?

"Not to worry, he was reprimanded. I told him he could hurt you to make you cooperate, not damage you."

I hated how he was talking about me like some piece of furniture.

"There is a fine line between that and he should have noticed that. KELTON! Please bring Felix over here in the light!" The man demanded in a much more threatening tone.

He must have a whole lot of people waiting happily to serve him.

Suddenly, I spot a man dressed in the same attire Felix was is, carrying something in his right hand. My head was angled so I couldn't quite see what.

I started to strain my head to see and immediately felt a now familiar sharp pain in my head. Before I could finish moving it I heard,

" Oh, no need to move your head, I realize your in pain. KELTON! Please move your hand upward so that Alex can see." It's funny how as soon as he was done talking to me, his threatening tone came back. Well, not funny. Nothing can ever be funny again, but as close as it can get to being funny.

Then, to my absolute horror, as Kelton raises his hand, my eyes received a picture of Felix's head, a clean cut at the neck. His eyes were rolled back into his head and there was still fresh blood dripping from his neck.

Bile rose from my throat, providing an acidic taste to go along with it. I swallow it back down to where it came from as I gaped at the head. Every time blood fell from the head, it was accompanied by the splat sound of it hitting the floor.

The man still wore the same sinister smile.

" You see," the man said, his voice perking up an octave "when I tell you to do something, you do as your told. The first time, and exactly like I want. My logic is, if I can replace you with the snap of a finger and you don't do as your told, then I will dispose of you. It's so easy!" He gloated, shortly followed by a giggle of sorts. Suddenly, his tone got darker. " But, Alex, that's not the case for you. And what I mean by this, is that I can't replace you with the snap of a finger. You, Alex, have something I want, and will get. So, you are safe for now. We will discuss details in the morning."

" And take these." He told me but it was more of a demand, as he slammed blue pills on the table I was on. " They will help with the headache and with everything else." He then sat a water bottle down in front of me.

A quick thought flashes through my mind about the things being spiked with something, but I quickly wave them off. If he wanted to kill me he would have done so already. I dry swallow the pills, decided to save my water for later. I have a feeling I'll need it. They struggle down my throat and are uncomfortable but make it there eventually.

The man starts walking away and Kelton follows him. I forgot he was even there. I guess I blocked him out. Then, swiftly and with one motion, the man turns around.

" And Alex?"

I raise my eyebrows as a reply.

" Do not mistake my generosity for weakness, because if you do something out out of line, I will not hesitate to destroy you."

And with those final words, the man turned back around and walked away. I found myself sailing to sleep shorty after he leaves.

Hey guys! I haven't updated in a while so here you go! Yep. It's almost 1am and I have school. OH WAIT. THATS RIGHT! I DONT HAVE SCHOOL BECAUSE OF A SNOW DAY BISHES! Anyway, let me know what you thought about this chapter!?! Also, tell me what you would like to see. I love recommendations! Soooooo...

FOLLOW.

COMMENT.

VOTE.

WAIT! I just came back and is it just my phone having a glitch or does the voting for chapter 4 say -1? HOW THE HELL CAN IT HAVE -1 VOTES? THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!!

OH WAIT AGAIN! It went away...
*giggles suspiciously*

HeHe....