xix

-_-_-

(words: 1.683)

-_-_-

Delicate, white snowflakes fell from the grey sky, falling onto the large patch of white on the ground. The trees were also decorated in white, their leaves long gone, replaced by the snow.

Zayn looked out the window, his big hazel eyes shining because of the colorful Christmas lights set outside on the windowsill. He wanted to open the window let the snow fall onto his hands, but he didn't think Liam would like that. So he decided to just entertain his eyes, watching the small flakes slowly float down.

It was New Years Eve and Zayn had to admit he was a bit excited. A new year with Liam seemed to be amazing and he had been starting to notice that Liam's behavior towards him wasn't very friendly.

Zayn's New Year's resolution was to have a boyfriend. Liam was the one he had in mind.

The thought of having someone kiss him lovingly and treat him the way he deserved sounded amazing. He doesn't recall having a boyfriend before, it could be because of the amnesia but he has a feeling that he has never been in a relationship with anybody.

The thought brought butterflies to his stomach. His first boyfriend could be Liam and he couldn't help but let his mind wander off to scenes were the older man would be holding him or kissing his neck. He blushed a bit, a light pink spreading across his cheeks. Liam even managed to make him giddy in his thoughts.

Liam was in the kitchen, adding the final touches to his and Zayn's dinner. It was nothing out of this world, but it was special and he tried his best.

He was planning on making his move that night. The innocent flirting and gestures were already getting old, he knew that he and Zayn had a spark and he couldn't just let that spark burn out.

He felt like a teenager, finally getting ready to asked someone out after months of preparing. Just the thought made his hands sweaty, it was funny how someone so young and fresh made his spine tingle.

Liam was sure that if he didn't go for it now, he'll never have a chance with him. Zayn was one and only, Liam would be the luckiest man in the world if he can finally have him all to himself.

"Zayn, mind helping me out with the plates?" He called out, beginning to set down the tablecloth and napkins.

Zayn immediately snapped out of his thoughts and got up. "Coming!" He said back, making his way over to the kitchen.

Liam shot him a small smile before telling him to set the plates and glasses down. He did what he was told and began to set them down, then Liam served the dinner onto their plates.

They had began to have a conversation as they quietly ate their food, a soft ballad playing the background.

"The food's delicious, Liam. Thank you." Zayn said, sipping on his beverage.

Liam smiled a bit. "My pleasure, beautiful."

Zayn choked a bit on his coke, a few coughs escaping his lips as he covered his mouth with his elbow.

The older man rushed over to his side, a worried look on his face. He knelt down next to him and pats his back. "Are you alright?"

How silly was he to react in such a way, all Liam said was 'beautiful'. No big deal, he must say that to everyone.

Zayn nodded, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "I'm just fine."

When dinner had finished up, the two of them had decided to sit on the couch and watch whatever Christmas special was on t.v. They had settled on a music channel, that was showing 90's ballads, personally Liam's favorites.