viii

-_-_-

(words: 1.151)

-_-_-

Zayn stared down at the variety of paints and brushes set on the table. Four different sized canvas' and a white apron. There was a box of pencils, an eraser and an easel.

He's shocked and delighted by the wonderful presents Liam has brought him. There's a smile that creeps on to his face. He has a feeling that no one has ever been this nice to Zayn and he appreciates the fact that Liam is trying to make him happy while he's going through this time.

Liam is standing there, waiting for Zayn to say something. He's not sure if he likes it. But he's smiling. Or maybe he's just going to laugh. He probably doesn't remember how to paint and that thought sickens Liam because how could someone forget their passion?

But Liam realizes that Zayn is still very familiar to his hobby because he's now hugging Liam, he's on his toes as he reaches up to wrap his arms around Liam's neck. Liam reacts by wrapping his arms around Zayn's skinny waist.

Zayn digs his head in to Liam's neck, enjoying his manly scent. He closes his eyes "Thank you so much, Liam."

Liam softly smiles, Zayn's black hair tickling his cheek. "Anything for you." He says sincerely. Because it's true. During the small amount of time he has known Zayn, he is sure that if Zayn is smiling, he'll smile too. And no one has ever had this effect on Liam.

Zayn pulls away a bit, his arms still wrapped around Liam's neck. He quickly gives him a small kiss on the cheek. Zayn is blushing, a beautiful shade of pink across his cheeks. Liam thinks that pink looks great on him, because it gives him that sort of innocent vibe. He knows that Zayn has seen a lot in his life, but he is still very chaste and Liam can't help but love that about him.

There were times were Liam seemed to get very overprotective. Sometimes he would take Zayn to go grocery shopping with him or just a walk through the park when Zayn was feeling confused and wanted to clear his head. He would see how men would stare at him and how he didn't even notice, he just giggled at every silly thing that he saw. But Liam couldn't help but give those disgusting men a serious and deadly look. He wasn't claiming Zayn as his, he just didn't like the way those men would see his innocence as if it were something that didn't mean a thing.

But Zayn was safe and he wasn't exposed to anymore danger while Liam was around.

"I'm sorry." Zayn apologizes, the pink on his cheeks more noticeable.

Liam smiles softly and kisses one of his cheeks "Don't apologize."

Zayn was now red and he shyly unwrapped his arms from Liam's neck and dug his face in to his hands. He lets out a embarrassed giggle and a squeak. "Stop it, Liam! You're making me blush!" He says, his eyes peeking out of his fingers.

Liam laughs and removes his hands from his face "No. You look amazing when you blush." He says sincerely.

And Zayn lets out another squeak, overwhelmed by Liam and his sweet compliments. He's been doing it a few times now and Zayn hasn't gotten used to it.

He wanted to complement Zayn in every way possible. His eyes, his mouth, his laugh, his everything. Too early. Liam thought. It reminded him about the kiss they had almost shared. Liam had almost let his emotions get the best of him and that wasn't right. Zayn was still trying to figure himself and his past out, the last thing he can do is kiss him and distract him from his goal.

"Now go on." Liam said, Zayn looked up "Paint."

Zayn smiles and grabs his new apron, he pulls it on and ties a knot around his waist. He looks over at the mirror and smiles. He looks like a real artist.

"What are you going to paint?" Liam asks.

Zayn places his hand on his chin as thought about what he can paint. He needed something beautiful, of course, something full of life and happiness. He wanted something that can make him smile once he's done. That's when he had gotten the idea:

"You." Zayn smiles.

Liam frowns "Me?"

"Yes you, silly!" He laughs.

Liam smiles and agrees "Okay" He looks around the room "Where should I sit?" He asks.

Zayn looks around himself "The couch is fine." He begins to add the colors on the paint palette. He grabs a medium sized brush and stands in front of the white canvas. "Ready? Act natural."

Liam nods and sits still on the couch, giving him a good angle.

It takes Zayn about forty five minutes to finish. He had to mix a good about of yellow, brown and black to make a color similar to Liam's hair. He was very careful as he colored his lips with a rosy pink and a dark red as the shading. His brown eyes looked very warm and sweet like the ones he actually has and he enjoyed making his scruff across his jaw and cheeks.

"Are you done yet?" Liam asked, trying not to move his lips or face.

"Almost." Zayn says adding the finishing touches, like Liam's birth mark on his neck. He wipes his forehead with the back of his hand and he doesn't realize that there's a blue and green right across it.

Liam tries not to laugh.

"And... done!" Zayn puts the palette down. He places his hands on his waist and smiles. It's perfect.

Liam gets up and gasps at the beautifully made painting. He thought Zayn was talented. Not this talented. The details were exquisite and everything seemed so real. He stared at it a bit longer, making Zayn worry.

"Is it good?" He asks, playing with his colored finger tips.

Liam shakes his head "It isn't good." He says sincerely.

Zayn's facial expressions drop and he feels his heart ache. Liam doesn't like his painting.

"It's a masterpiece." Liam says.

Zayn's eyes lighten up. "Masterpiece?" He repeats.

Liam nods and looks at Zayn "You're incredibly talented, Zayn."

Zayn smiles "Thank you."

Liam takes in Zayn's face and realizes that he's the masterpiece here. But he doesn't say anything. It's still too early.

"Now lets get you-" Liam wipes a bit of the damp paint on his cheek, off "-cleaned up."

Zayn nods and follows Liam to the bathroom. A smile on his face because someone actually appreciated something of his for once.

-_-_-

Thank you all so much for the votes and comments! I adore you all!

We've got this story to over 2k reads and that's amazing! A big hug to all and show your support by voting and commenting.

Lots of love ♥

-Nessa