My First Year at Hogwarts... I'm a Little Late

I was in an empty compartment on the train to Hogwarts, staring out the window, feeling jumpy as hell due to the full moon soon. But lets rewind back to how I got here.

I ran through the forest of Dean, the wind blowing through my red and burgundy fur and the dirt and grass beneath my paws. I ran to the top of the cliff and howled as loud as I could. I was thirteen and free. I was abandoned at an orphanage when I was a baby but I was mistreated and eventually grew tired of the verbal and physical abuse so I ran away only a year ago. I shifted for the first time last month and have been living in this forest as a wolf ever since. I looked up at the sky and sat down. I howled and looked over the valley. A smell hit my nose that sent me into a frenzy. Meat.

I ran down the a path and ran as fast as I could after the scent. I ran past the trees and through puddles. I slowed when I saw them. Two people were walking along the path. I quickly hid behind a bush as they passed by. One was very old looking and wore funny looking shimmering clothes. His beard was tied with a string and a bell. He was carrying a paper bag and it was leaking a red substance but after a sniff I realized he had meat in that bag. The other was an old women, wearing funny emerald clothes like the man but she was less confident looking then him. "Albus, I must implore you to accompany me back to the castle. You heard the howl to!" She whispered frantically. I followed them while remaining perfectly hidden. "Thank you Minerva, you may leave me now." He said passively. The women when to argue but quickly shut her mouth when the man gave her a sharp look. With a pop she disappeared. I mean she was there one minute and gone the next. I started to breath heavily, feeling extremely scared now. The man stopped walking and turned around. He looked over his half moon glasses toward my hiding spot. "You can come out now." The man known as Albus said gently. I growled and backed up slowly. "You're hungry, are you not?" He said holding the bag out. My belly rumbled. "Ahh I see, I'm right." He said with a slight chuckle. I slowly and cautiously came out of my hiding spot. "There you are." He said gently. I growled lowly as my tail was tucked between my legs. He set the bag down on its side as he backed up and sat on an old stump. I slowly advanced on the bag and took a sniff. "I promise it's just beef." He said as he watched me. I watched him as I moved closer to the bag. I bared my teeth at him in a warning if he tried to try something funny. I put my head in the bag and quickly dragged the beef out with speed. I layed down and viciously ate the beef while still not letting my eyes off of him. Once finished, I quickly stood. "You're not an ordinary wolf are you? Its okay to show your human form." He said as he watched me. For some reason, I trusted this man. I walked closer and sniffed his clothes. He smelled like people, ink, parchment, and something else... chemicals and herbs? I backed away and almost shifted but remembered what happened last time I turned human for someone. I shook my head and snarled. "I swear I wont move from this spot unless you want me to." He promised as he held his hands in his lap. I backed away as I calmed down. I looked up at him as I shifted. My paws turned to hands, my tail and retracted till there was no sign of ever having one, my ears turned to human ears, and once I fully turned human, I shakily stood, naked and dirty. My long red hair covering my developing breasts. I looked at him with yellow wolf eyes but when I looked down to the ground and then back at him, my eyes were a light brownish green. He smiled. "You are very lovely, my dear. Now in my pocket I have a wand. I can do magic with it and I would like to summon some clothes for you." He said seriously. I was nervous but nodded.

Once I was dressed in the clothes he had conjured for me, he told me how I was special and needed to be protected. He also offered to take me to a place with a forest I could run in but it also had a giant castle for me to sleep. I reluctantly nodded and he offered me his arm. I nervously grabbed his arm and there was a pull from behind my navel as I felt like I was being sucked threw a tiny straw. I landed and heaved my guts. "You did better at your first time apperating then most." Albus said with a slight chuckle. He walked toward a giant castle but suddenly stopped. He turned to me with a serious expression. "You haven't said a word, which has me worried that you have forgotten how to speak." Albus said. "I-I can speak." I said. Albus lit up. "Good. Now I have a couple of questions before we go in." He said. I nodded. "Do you wish for me to not tell anyone about you being a wolf blood?" He asked. I felt suddenly very panicked. "Please do not tell anyone!" I pleaded. He promised not to. "Now how old are you and I need a first and last name, my dear." He asked patiently. "I am 13 and my name is Jana Vilkas." I said, reluctant to give my identity. Albus nodded and beckoned me to follow.