It's On Like Donkey Kong, Bitch

It was all I could do not to roll my eyes-it really was. As soon as I'd stepped inside the house, they'd lit into me-my parents, that is. And by the way my dad was fuming as we walked up to the house, I thought it was because of what he saw-er, what he almost saw-between Liam and I. I was getting worked up myself. It was no secret that my parents were practically shoving us together-I wouldn't be surprised if Liam knew about it. But I mean, really. They really had no right to be mad at me and Liam.

  But, no. They were still stuck on the pregnancy thing. I was only in and out of the lecture-"....have tried so long to have another baby....!" And "Can't you understand that?" and the one that actually made my brows raise in interest, "....can't be spoiled for the rest of your life!". But all I could think about was Liam.

  I mean, seriously! I'd just stood there as he was closing in on me! And I desperately trying to deny the fact that my heart had been racing and that, dare I even admit mentally, I'd tilted my head up to meet his lips. God, I was embarrassed just admitting that to myself.

  Oh. God.

  How would we react around eachother now? I mean, we hadn't kissed-thank God!-but it was so obvious that we-did I just say we?-had meant to. Would he try to kiss me again? Or would we just awkwardly avoid eachother?

  "Piper? Are you even listening to a word I'm saying?"

  I snapped out of my thoughts at the peeved words of my dad. I blinked. "Yes."

  They were looking at me expectantly.

  "What?" I asked impatiently.

  My mom sighed. Dad just scowled-well, more. "That's it, young lady. You're grounded."

  "What?!" I blanched. "What for?"

  "You've been copping an attitude ever since the move an I'm sick of it!"

  Oh, yeah. Like I don't have any reason to have an attitude. Hell. Maybe I don't. Maybe I've been wrong all this time. "Whoa. Okay." Now I was copping an attitude. But I mean really!

  My mom even copped out some tears. "Oh, honey," she said, her voice throbbing with emotion. As if it wasn't bad enough my mom was over emotional, now I had to deal with her when she had hormones on top of that. She gave me the "it's only because we love you" bullshit speech before my dad announced I was having a sarcastic attitude-really?-and sent me to my room.

  The room felt bigger somehow, though. Opening my window, I climbed out onto my roof, taking in heaps of cool, night air to calm my nerves. Funny. Mom was usually the first one to overreact. It was like my dad was getting the pregnancy hormones in her place! What was wrong with him? Why was he basically demanding that I feel nothing?

  Okay, yeah, so maybe I'd copped an attitude about the whole pregnancy thing-can you really blame me? And maybe I had overreacted. But wasn't I allowed a reaction? Had they really expected me to cry tears of joy? Yes, I was maybe a little bit spoiled in the only child department. But after seventeen-and a half-years, you kinda get used to the idea. My parents were just too little too late in the bringing-Piper-a-baby-sibling portion of their lives. About ten years too late.

  Ugh. But whatever. I wouldn't feel anything anymore. I'd show them. (I always thought stupid thoughts like this, just to be headstrong. I never could stay mad for too long at them. Wait.....or anyone, for that matter. I officially suck. You are the weakest link.... Good-bye.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~