Chapter 21 - Visiting Hours eh ?

Maria's P.O.V

"Hey... Shhh .. " I whispered as I embraced Maya . She sobbed into my neck as we stood outside . Silent tears descended down my cheek . When she moved back , I realized that she looked like mess . Her hair was wet and tangled , Her eyes were red and puffy .

We both stared with bloodshot eyes as they carried the body . The policemen started driving away seeing they had done their Job . 

I took Maya inside the house with me and right when I closed the door , she pushed me away running upstairs and harshly closed one of the doors . 

I sighed shaking my head . Realizing it was already morning , I put on my coat and headed out .

I walked into a familiar graveyard knowing it's where my grandparents were buried , I knew mom would be buried here too . 

I loosely held white flowers in my hand as I walked , once I found my grandmother's grave , I gently put one of the roses on it . 

I walked to the grave beside it , sobs escaped me and I put a hand to my mouth as I looked down at my mother's grave .

Going limp , I collapsed . sobs escaped me as I crawled towards it , touching the carved letters . "I'm sorry ." I whispered .

"M-Mom .. -" I said , my voice breaking as I did . "- please forgive me , I-If I were there .. You wouldn't have done it ." I cried , I removed one of the white roses , laying it down . 

" I'm sorry I wasn't there for you ." I said before saying my goodbyes . I left a rose at my father's grave too  Before walking away But I came to a halt when I saw a familiar name . 

'Liu Woods' beside him was the rest of the family . I stared at the three graves , before laying a white rose on each . I narrowed my eyes looking ahead , A tall figure stood afar watching me . It looked like a really pale , tall man , Like almost tree tall wearing a tuxedo .

It seemed like hours before my vision blurred , I groaned covering my eyes . When it went away , I looked back to see the man gone .

I turned around , ready to leave when I saw a rather beautiful girl in a black dress , Her also black hair reached her waist and she wore heels , Dark green eyes stared down with sadness at her own loss . 

Seeing I had one flower left I approached her . She looked at me , " What do you want ?" She asked rudely . I was taken back by how she spoke to me . 

I simply held the rose up , offering it to her . Her face softened and she softly took the rose . 

" Thank you ," She whispered , I slowly nodded before walking away , making my way out of the graveyard .

Later that day when I got home , Maya entered the kitchen in her pyjamas . Her eyes were still puffy .  "Maya .. " I whispered , She got up trying to walk away but I quickly caught her wrist . "Let me go ! " She said weakly .

I shook my head , " No ! We have to talk !" . Tears welled in her eyes , "I don't want to talk to you ."

My grip loosened and she quickly walked away , "You're brother's death wasn't in vain !" I called after her . 

I was surprised when my cheek stung , Maya stood in-front of me . She slapped me .

"Don't you dare say that ! It wasn't his time and just because the killer or whatever the hell the thing that killed him wanted you back , doesn't mean my brother had to protect you . This is all your fault ! " She screamed , she raised her arm , ready to slap me again .

I caught her wrist just in time , tears dripped down my jaw as I looked at her in dis-belief . " Jeff didn't kill Brian . But whatever -" She raised her eyebrow . "- Your brother is a hero , He saved millions of families from being killed in the most horrible ways ! He saved me . " Her face softened .

"I loved him." I whispered looking away . Maya's eyes widened , " Wait , you guys were a thing ?"  She asked . I nodded , letting go of her hand , I started going upstairs . 

"Maria I'm sorry ! Mari-" I raised my palm silencing her . " Don't bother ." I mumbled , I continued my way up . Going into my room , I got under the covers and was out like a light .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a year since Brian passed away .Maya and I were getting along . We needed each-other so we let everything go .I've been working both day and night shifts to make enough money and she's been doing the same too . We can easily pay the rent now . We both sat in-front of the TV eating some pizza we ordered when the door bell rang .

We both exchange looks . Who would visit us ? I mean we haven't been talking to anyone . 

Going to the door , two police men stood there . Oh . "Hello officers , How may I help you?" I asked kindly . The two looked at each other .

"Miss , we need you to come with us." 

I bit my lip and nodded , I stepped out seeing I was already dressed . " Maya , I'll be right back !" 

I got into the car with them , and looked out as they drove away . After awhile , we reached the destination . I got out of the car to see a normal building . The police men led me inside , They nodded to a woman we saw right when we entered . 

Two guys emerged from a door to the left . One wore a suit and the other guy wore a white robe , He looked like your creepy movie scientist and he didn't look too pleased when he saw me .

"So this is the girl ?" He said raising a brow . The two policemen were nowhere in sight now . The man in the suit nodded . 

He shook his head in disappointment , "Come with me ."

I did as told . I thought we'd be moving up , but we went downstairs , further into the ground . We came across a door where the man had to put in a code , I looked closely seeing the code was '1996' , Once he did the door opened and we entered a hall . 

He then stopped in-front of a door that had the number '253' carved into it . He took out the key to the door and put it into the keyhole before turning to me .

"We all thought you should see him ." Creepy scientist guy said , My eyes widened , did he mean Jeff ? It's been a year and I can't face him ! Not after everything that happened .

"No , I-" It was too late , he opened the door and right when he did , We heard yelling.

I went in to see another man  in a white robe shouting at a guy in a hospital gown that had his back to me. 

The black burnt , now professionally cut , layered long hair and the whiteness of his arms said it all.

Jeff was right in-front of me .

~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~

Yusshhh I know , I thought about leaving the Jeff part until the next part and making them do something else but I think it's just boring without him . The upcoming chapter is gonna be heartbreaking D:  

I'd give you hint bout what's coming but no spoilers xD .. I'll try not to ? 

Don't forget to leave a like guys :D and tell me what you think is gonna happen or what you feel bout this XD I'll reply to every single comment !

Owhh , And please , if you find any mistakes , tell me ! XD you'd be really helping out . I'm always nervous bout that and read what I wrote like 10 times before posting but there's always that tiny mistake ! :I 

Love you <3

~EphemeralSanity