Chapter 14 - Hope.

Maria's P.O.V

 Jeff held both of my hands behind my back , Pinning me to the door . He had his knife in his other hand placed firmly to my neck .

He was tense and He'd often furrow his eyebrows and make strange growling noises , He'd look determined for a second pushing the knife harder to my neck but then he'd quickly relax pulling it back .

Jeff looked like he couldn't get himself to kill me . He stared the weapon and I relaxed , not feeling the metal against my skin anymore and right when I didn't expect him to , he brought me flush against him , Knife against my neck once again . Our noses almost touching , He looked at me intensely.

"I'm going to kill you now." He growled , He pushed the knife harder against the skin of my neck , making a small cut , a small amount of blood trickled down the skin , I groaned in pain . Right when I did , Jeff pushed me back  . He put his knife back in his pocket , kicked the door open and ran out .

I stood there in shock and confusion . My body seemed to have a mind of  it's own because I ran after him .

He was too fast . I didn't know why I was following him , but I knew that if I tried to hide or run away , He would find me eventually so I wasn't going to waste my time trying to .

I stopped running and looked around . It was completely dark and I was lost . Jeff was nowhere in sight .

I kept walking ahead hoping that I was going in the right direction when I saw a guy standing beside the tree in front of me . He wore a Black  hoodie and had a blue mask on .  A dark liquid oozed from the sockets . He tilted his head at me and brought out what looked like a really thin and small knife . 

I was frozen as he approached me  And when he was right in-front of me , He didn't attempt to do anything that would hurt me .

He put two fingers under my chin and Lifted it , examining the cut on my neck. He then sniffed around abit before scoffing .

"Jeff .." I heard him mumble, shaking his head as he walked past me . I quickly snatched his wrist  and approached him , gasping for breath after the long run .

"Please help me find him ! I was following him but he was too fast !" I said in panicked voice. He took his wrist away , "You were following him ?" He asked , His voice raw of any emotion before He glanced around Quickly .

"I don't even want to know . Fine , I'll take you ." He said , He turned around and started going left . I blindly followed him , Hoping he wouldn't do anything and that I wouldn't regret trusting him .

After awhile , We reached a road which made feel better about the guy . walking around , we didn't see anyone . It was really dark and the streets were empty .

It started raining , nothing could be heard but the soft thumps from the rain drops everywhere and I was starting to think that he didn't know where Jeff was either .

 Right then , We could hear this heartbreaking noise . It was the sound of someone screaming.

" Liu !" The voice screamed from a distance .

The voice was so familiar .. It was so deep .. It made every single hair on my back stand up for no reason.

"Jeff.." I whispered , before running in the direction the noise came from .