My Shadow (SasuNaru) 3

Chapter 3: Taken By Greed

----------------¤_¤-----------------

As the Shadow ran, he grew weaker. Soon, he was at the woods. Traveling through the steadily darkening woods was scary. In Shadowland the trees were welcoming and didn't seem frightening at all. They were bright greens, soft browns, and comforting pinks. Here in Ninjaland all the colors seemed harsh and threatening. Naruto didn't want to be here, not without his Human.

Behind him came a soft laugh. Startled, Naruto whipped himself around only to see a pair of red eyes with black commas surrounding them. Naruto stumbled backwards, screaming. Soon he was able to turn around and start running back towards the village.

'Don't catch me! Don't catch me!' thought Naruto as he kept racing.

What Naruto didn't know was that he was going in the wrong direction. Away from the village. Away from his Human. Making him weaker. His limbs gave out on him and he fell like a rag doll who had tried to stand.

“Don't touch me!!” he tried to yell but his voice was muffled by a gloved hand coming over his mouth and jaw. “SASUKE!!” Naruto cried desperately in both his mind and out loud.

“You're Human won't be able to save you now, little Shadow,” a smooth voice whispered next to Naruto's ear. There was a tickling sensation on the younger boy's neck and a strong smell similar to Sasuke's came to his nostrils.

'The Wise Ones tried to warn me about this man …' thought the Shadow as he slowly passed out. 'Uchiha Itachi. They … warned … me.' Finally the little angel had gone unconscious.

Uchiha Itachi had work to do.

---------------ʘ_ʘ---------------

Itachi had had a plan when he was been racing toward the village. The plan was simply to steal his brother's Shadow away from him. Itachi's Shadow, Deidara, had sacrificed himself some time ago. Though the man would not admit it, he was starting to feel a bit lonely without the annoying long haired blonde that was Deidara.

The plan of kidnap had formed when the elder Uchiha saw that his brother, Sasuke, was starting to remember. Yes, Itachi was watching Sasuke. The elder raven was getting bored and this was a perfect way to start entertaining himself. This new Shadow would become confused if Itachi were to replace Sasuke with himself. They were brothers, that young raven and him.

And aren't brothers supposed to share?

---------------Ѧ_Ѧ----------------

At first Sasuke honestly didn't care where his beloved angel ran off to. What did he care? He really had never met the boy before that day, save in the nightmares. That could have been a jutsu, though! A jutsu to go into his dreams and trick him! What did he know about the situation? It had to be a joke. He really didn't care …

At that moment, Sasuke's heart began to pound and he felt an immense amount of unreasonable fear. Then thoughts that were not his own began to flood his mind at a quickening pace. These thoughts were laced with the same fear that was coursing through the Uchiha's body. “These thoughts,” Sasuke murmured, “they ... they hurt my heart.”

“SASUKE!!” a voiced screamed in his mind.

“Na-Naruto?” That voice was unmistakable. Putting that single kunai back, Sasuke started to run to where his heart led. Unfortunately, that was the woods. It was well past 11:30 and Sasuke wasn't exactly thrilled to be running in the dark.

Naruto was worth it.

He plunged head first into the woods. With ease and agility, the raven jumped from tree branch to tree branch. This was a basic search-and-rescue mission. Basics.

What could happen?

'I'm coming, Naruto. Please be okay.'

--------------♀_♀--------------

Naruto found himself in yet another strange room. This one was too bright and had both a velvet covered mahogany chair and a large canopied bed.

The door that was across the room opened to reveal a tall man. This man had long black hair tied back in a sloppy yet neat pony tail. There were deep scars that fanned from the inside of his eyes to the middle of his cheeks. A sign of a troubled past. His skin was a pale white. Whiter than even Sasuke's. This skin was missing the ivory tint that Sasuke's skin held. The smirk that was placed with this man's lips only added on to Naruto's fear. He was wearing simple black clothes. Long sleeves, long pants, and a cape with a high neck that held red clouds. Which Naruto found humorous for a moment and a moment alone. Looking up, Naruto was able to see the quick change of black abyss to burning red in the man's eyes. If you look too long at these bloody eyes, they say, your soul with cease to exist.

This was Uchiha Itachi.

========

So....um...chapter names aren't my strongest points and I thought of this one on the spot...cuz he was taken and all that jazz...

but anywho...comments are my pride and joy so if you have something to say (nice things...plz) I'd love to hear it!!!

PS: this story doesn't end the way you think it does....wanna guess? be my guest!