My Shadow (SasuNaru) 2

Chapter 2: My Shadow

Sasuke slid the door to Kakashi-sensei's room, after school had ended, and enter the class room. No one was there.

“Kakashi-sensei? Are you here?” Sasuke whispered, too afraid to break the silence of the room.

A puff of smoke appeared behind the desk up front. Kakashi-sensei had appeared with five books in his hand. Porno books. Sequels to porno books.

“Oh! I had forgotten that you were to come by after school. You had fallen asleep in my class,” said the masked ninja.

Sasuke nodded.

“Hmm...okay. Detention is an hour and have my distraction,” he lifted the books and waggled the only visible eyebrow, “so you better find your own 'cause I ain't sharing.”

Sasuke made a face and sat in the back row. Pulling out his homework, Sasuke thought again of the angel. Naruto.

---------------&_& one hour later &_&-----------------

After an hour of thinking only of the angel, Sasuke picked up all of his stuff and stood up from his desk. None of his homework was anywhere near done and he still had the Shadow stuck in his mind. When he thought about the boy, his heart raced and he felt like his breathing was going to stop. This was bad. What was this strange feeling? He had to being getting sick. It was cold season.

“Goodbye, Kakashi-sensei,” Sasuke said as he left the teacher.

Kakashi Hatake was now well on his third book and didn't even bother to look up. Giggling at a perverted part in the story he disappeared with the other four books in hand.

Sasuke left the school and started his walk to the empty house that was his and his alone.

--------------%_%--------------------

Naruto landed in a strange looking room. He hadn't thought that the Cross would hurt as bad as it had. Everything ached, even his hair. The pain in his heart was worst of all. His Human was too far away from him. He needed his Human.

'Sasuke. Where are you?'

Naruto crawled over to a large looking piece of furniture. A couch. Climbing up, the young Shadow laid in a more comfortable position than the one he had landed in. Curled up in the corner of the couch, Naruto whispered, “Why do I feel so alone?”

He soon fell asleep breathing in the scent of Sasuke.

------------------+_+---------------------

Finding the key to his front door was an easy task. Opening the door was also easy. Walking in to find a strange looking boy asleep on your couch? Just a tad strange.

Somehow, though, it made Sasuke's heart soar. The nightmares (as he had now started calling them) about the angel seemed to have drifted further into his subconscious than necessary and Sasuke found himself standing in his doorway staring.

The boy stirred from his nap and looked up in the direction Sasuke was in. Sasuke acted on instinct and jumped over to where the boy was. Pulling out a kunai, he placed it at the throat of the still waking boy.

“Why are you in my house, you little brat?” Sasuke hissed into the boy's ear.

“Sasuke? Is that you? My Human, how I have wanted to see you,” came the reply.

Said boy's heart suddenly skipped a beat and he looked more closely at the boy.

His angel. His Shadow. “Naruto.”

------------------*_*---------------------

Naruto's feelings of pain suddenly lifted as he saw his Human standing before him. Sasuke's hair was pitch as night and had a strange way of standing up at the back of his head. His eyes. Oh, his eyes. They may seem unemotional and uncaring upon the surface, but deep beneath, Naruto was able to see Sasuke's pain. His palms started to sweat and he wanted so badly to lift his lips and softly kiss his beloved. He knew he couldn't do that. His Human had to except him before he could give in to the emotions of love.

His heart dropped as he noticed that the kunai had not moved from his neck. What was Sasuke going to do? H-he couldn't possibly reject him … Could he? No, Naruto decided. I love Sasuke. He wouldn't reject me. He couldn't even hurt—

“Ah!” Naruto screamed as the kunai sliced a small cut along his collar bone. Ruby red blood started to flow at an easy pace as Naruto stared at the now bloody kunai. Tears formed in his eyes. Blood started to stain the white t-shirt that Naruto had been wearing when he Crossed. He was able to feel the warmth leave his body as he stared and stared at that kunai.

“Sasuke, w-why did you cut me?” Naruto sobbed.

Before Sasuke was able to answer, the young Shadow was racing out the still open door that led outside.

----------------X_X------------------

Cutting his Shadow was a mistake and Sasuke knew that as the blonde boy raced out the door, sobbing. Looking down, Sasuke saw that his hand was shaking and the kunai had a thin layer of Shadow blood on the edge. Bring the kunai to his mouth, Sasuke licked up the blood that had come from his angel.

'I'm sorry, Naruto.'