The Rebel Chapter 2

As soon as I clicked my seatbelt in, my mother jammed her foot on the gas. And from that I knew she was mad. Really mad. I learned not to talk to her when sh'e mad unless she spoke first. It just agrivates her even more. And right now-and any other times she's mad- I absolutley do not want to get her mad.

     My heart raced as we pulled up to my driveway I knew once we were in the house, my mother was going to blow. I also knew that if my mother starts yelling at me, she's going to have to have the last word.

     "Get Out!" I looked up at my mother in shock. She would always yell at me, not full out scream. She never talked to me so angryly. "Now Hayleyl!"

   I fumbled with the lock on the door. When I finally got out, I noticed the reason I couldn't open the door was because my hand was shaking so hard.

     Following my mother inside, I watched as she turned in the light in the livingroom feriously. She turned towards me.

     "Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

     I looked at her confused. But she just stood there looking at me with her dark brown eyes.

     I would if I knew what you were talking about, I thought to my self. But of coourse me being who I am-and who my  mother is- I didn't dare say that outloud.

     So I just looked at my converse and said, "No ma'am." an action I am quit familiar with.

     "Look at me when I talk to you!" my mother boome dout.

     I jerked my head up, "No ma'am. I have nothing to say."

     "Oh, Really?" She put her right hand on her hips.

     She wasn't happy with mu answer.

"You have nothng to say?"

     "No ma'am."

     "So you have nothing to say about this...!" my mother shoveed a piece of paper in my face. Looking at the paper I noticed the coloums of leters.

     Then I remembered. Today is report card day.

     I looked at my grade in social studies. C-.

"But-but." I was flabergasted. I understand why my mom was so angry with me. I looked over every test, every essay. I deserve that A"

     "But nothing Abbigail." My mother took a step forward and I instinctivly took a step backwards.

"You cannot live under my house with these pathetic grades." My mother spat at me as she took another step forward, but I stayed were I was because if I went any farther back I would bump into the wall. "Not under my house!"

I wanted to point out that I helped pay for the blls, but of course I didn't. I just stayed quiet.

    "I-I'm s-sorry m-mother. I d-din't I d-din't-" Next thing I felt was a throbbing pain on my cheeck. I fell to the ground with a grunt. As I saw my mother's hand raised, I knew that she had hit me. I didn't cry even though it was all I wanted to do. She didn't like it when I cried.

     "You are grounded until I say otherwise. No books, no computers and defantly no cellphone." In my state of blur, mother took my cellphone out of my pocket and rest it on the coffee tablr.

     I knew I could reach it if I stood up and took a step forward, but I din't dare

     "Now get up and fiinish your homework before have to go to the library." My mother looked at me and I knew I had to get up do exactley what she says. So I did, but not before glancing back.