The Rebel Chapter 1

'You will learn more about Ampere's law on the next chapter.'

I closed the book just in time for the bell to ring, signaling the end of lunch. Everyone packed up their things and headed inside the cafeteria, towards their next classes. But, I just sat there, under the shade of the tree. Gazing at the sky, I smiled.

" You really need to stop doing that." I jumped at the sound of my friends voice. Looking to my left I spotted Rose. Her real name is Rosemary. Because of her red hair and freckles, everyone calls her Red. Me? I just call her Rose, along with my other close friend.

Rose smiled as she got closer to me. I got up, meeting her half way.

" Stop doing what?" I asked her.

She rolled her eyes at me, as if she was expecting me to know the answer. " You know. Gazing at the sky once you close a book, like it was the most amazing book in the world or something. It's really annoying." Rose guides me into the cafeteria.

"I do that," I answered her " because every book I read is amazing." Putting my book back in my bag, I heard Rose chuckle.

" I hate it when you answer my questions with a smarty pants answer." She said, still smiling.

" I know," I put my arm around her shoulder's " But you still love me."

" Right, because we are the best of-" The sound of someone clearing their throat , made Rose stop abruptly. I froze as Ms. Schiller glared at us from the cafeteria exit. Rose just stood there, looking bored.

" Haley Martin and Rosemary Parker, aren't you both suppose to be in myclass right now?" She raised her firmly trimmed eyebrows, expecting an answer out of both of us.

I looked down at my black high tops, " Yes ma'am."

Ms. Schiller looked at Rose, waiting for a response but all she did was look at me and sigh, " I guess I better get going."

Rose walked towards the exit, giving me a smile and wave. Ms. Schiller didn't like Rose for some reason. So when she walked pass Ms. Schiller without a word or glance, Ms. Schiller glare at her back as she ran down the hallway. Ms. Schiller sneered in disapproval.

With one look at me, I scurried to exit the cafeteria, not missing the look Ms. Schiller have me as I walked passed her, giving me shivers.

The name suits her, I thought to myself.

" Hey, you need a ride?" I jumped from the familiar voice and bumped my head on the low tree branch .

" Ouch! That looked like it hurt." I looked up at my other friend, Sarah. She sauntered her way over to me, car keys in hand.

" A ' I'm sorry, I scared the living pee out of you' would suffice." I rubbed my sore head.

Sarah just laughed. She was a cream coloured girl with beautiful dreadlocks to die for.

" Well? Do you want a ride or not? Some of us have swim practice to get to, hun." Sarah kneeled down to my sitting level and patted my throbbing head.

I shook her hand off, " No, I'm good. My mother is on her way."

" Ughh. I better go before she comes. You know more then me, how she is never late." Sarah started to get up.

" Wait? You don't like my mom?" I asked, using my hand to shade my eyes from the light.

" Hales, I'm not sorry to say, but your mother is a monster." Sarah stated.

" She's not a monster. She's just very, very...strict." I defended.

"She's worse then the Lockness, and he eats people."

" But-" I sighed as Sarah gave me the look " Yeah, I know, she a monster." I admitted.

Sarah laughed again, showing off her pearly white teeth.

"Well. I better get going." shae says, playing with her keys " I don't want to feel the wrath of the mother."

" Alrigh, see you later." I waved to her and she winked a goodbye to me.

As soon as I see her get into her car and drive off, I open my book, and immediately get engrossed in it.

I was only five minutes back into the book, when I heard a voice call out my name, " Haley."

I slammed my book close and packed up my things, knowing who the voice belonged to.

My mother. The monster.

Sorry, not that long, will try and make it longer next time ;) you know what to do, so please vote comment and share ;) and hoping to see you on my fan page.