Forty

Chapter forty:
"Death"

➳ Thank you all for wishing me well, I'll probably be taking a week off to recover!

[☁️]

Blood.

Red stained white hospital sheets, red stained hands, red stained floors. The thunders roared through the pitch black sky, and yet the screams of help sounded ten times stronger than them. They held their hearts on their fists, running to get every single blood container they had, any needle or drug that the lead lady needed. She had everything under control. She needed to be in control. She couldn't let a person she cares so much for die.

If it weren't for the tears that were blocking her view, she would've been able to move faster. She didn't. It cost the patient to lose more blood. It was her fault again.

Shinobu told herself to get it together. She silently pleaded her older sister to help her just this once, yet her hands kept trembling uncontrollably. She let out tired breaths as she did everything she could in order to save the patient.

To save you.

The only sounds she was able to hear were the cries of the little girls who waited outside, drenched in crimson blood. The trail that your body had left being dragged inside the estate was still there, yet they tried their best to clean it up despite their lack of strength, between whimpers and sobs.

She wanted to ask for help, but there wasn't any time left. She wouldn't be enough. She wasn't good enough. It was all her fault. And now another one of her dear sisters was going to die.

It began raining down outside, the cold air came into the estate like a bang, just when the doors had swung opened abruptly. The girls held their breath and tears, clenching the mops now coated in red.

Muichiro stood in the door's frame, supporting himself on it due to having ran there. His long black locks were dripping down the rainwater, sticking to his face just like his clothes weighted and were glued to his body. He barely caught his breath before walking further inside the estate in a rushed pace.

"Where's... where's [Y/N]?" he asked, his voice broke in the middle of the sentence.

At first glance, the girls were unable to identify if what they had seen roll down his cheeks were raindrops or tears, yet the pain that his eyes reflected was enough for them to know.

They kept quiet. Shinobu needed to focus in order to save you, and Muichiro's presence would make everything worse.

"Is that... her blood?" his breathing stopped, eyes widened entirely as he stared blankly at the pools of blood that he knew were too much for a normal human to lose without losing consciousness.