Chapter 10

A/N: I realize the picture above his his baby brother Mason. But in this story it's his son because it's a picture of Bren and a baby....
~~~
I walk around the house rubbing my hands through my hair. Bren would be home any minute from work. I look at the watch and pull the pregnancy test back out of my pocket. I looked at the '+' on it and I looked up to the ceiling. How the hell would I tell him? Should I hand him the pregnancy test? Should I just tell him? So many questions run through my mind as the door opens to reveal a tired Brennen. "Never mind." I say out loud, a little too loud. "What? What's in your hand?" He asks walking towards me as he grabs at my hand. I let him take it and he looks at it. I almost wanted to cry, I couldn't tell if he was happy or mad, or even sad. I let a tear slip down my face silently. I've been crying all day thinking about this in a negative way. He put the pregnancy test down on the coffee table and sat me down on the couch. "Ok, ok. I really think we can do this." He says smiling. I smile back and hug him knowing we'd keep it. "Brennen I love you so much. Thank you for not getting mad or upset about it." he pulled me away and looked at me. He picked up my hand and played with the ring on it. "See this ring? It's there for a reason. That reason is that I love you. Another reason is I'm ready to start a family with you. I want to have kids, I want you to have my kids. Why? Because I love you, and they deserve a loving, caring person like you to be there mother. Your definitely having this baby. We are gonna take care of it. We are going to raise it together. Make memories together. Go to Disney on his or her 6th birthday so they can see all the characters they adore. Skyler, I think I want this more than you do." I jump forward and hug him. I knock him over but I didn't care.

I woke up on the couch realizing we must have fallen asleep on the couch. I started getting really bad cramps, almost as if I was on my period. I walk to the kitchen to look for a bag of lays but there was none. "BREN!!" I yell across the house. He comes running down stairs and looks in the kitchen. "Yes babe?" He asks coming behind me and wrapping his arms around me. "I need chips. And I mean like the kind I get on my period. Can you go get some. and maybe grab a couple bags, not just one." he nodded as he buried his face into my neck. He kissed it once, a small peck. He let go and walked towards the door and left. I just really wanted some chips. I was hoping these next 9 months would fly by. It was going to hurt like hell when I gave birth, this is going to suck ass.

A month passes and I have a very small bump, very very small. I couldn't wait for when I could start to feel it kick. Brennen would probably lay and cuddle all day with his hand on my stomach. I liked the thought of that. Knowing we were gonna have the wedding after to begin with we did all the planning. I didn't go get fitted for a dress because of the baby. I didn't even pick out the perfect dress. We only knew themes and how everything would be set up. I picked out the color to my brides maids dresses, making my maid of honor, Madison the other color we had picked out. Brennen did the same, his groomsmen all would wear a tie that matched the girls dresses. And Gabe, his best friend, his best man, wore the same color tie as Madison's dress. I was excited for the wedding but I honestly wanted to give birth to this baby now. I don't like the nauseous feelings I'm getting. I'm starting to be glad I'm only a vet tech and I could take off if I felt like I needed to. A vet tech doesn't do much but give you a small check up, walk you back to a room and fill out some paper work. Yes I get to give animals medicine, take blood, inject things in there system like medicine.

Month 2 is almost around the corner and I've grown a little bit more. Today Bren and I would go see a doctor. When we walk in he sits is down. I had already gotten an ultra sound. "Do to the way it's laying. We can't tell the gender quite yet. But when you come back next month we will try agin. You should start to feel kicking here in a few weeks." The doctor say to us. He continues to tell me my symptoms over the next month, if I feel sick what to and what not to take. What to eat. Not to smoke drink and stuff like that. He told me some of this stuff last month. Brennen and I were a young reckless couple, but damn we didn't smoke. And we sure as hell don't drink. Only on occasion, like let's say it's one of birthdays, a close friends birthday, a wedding, girls night, guys night, we got invited to a small party, Halloween, christmas, thanks giving, and new years. Then we'd drink! So at the very least we drink alcohol 9 days out of the year. And only like 4 of those main days we don't get waisted. We have something small giving us a small buzz to knock us a little bit loopy but not too loopy. As we left I remember that we have to come back again next month. Hear the same speech and what not.

Month 3 is here, just like the doctor said the baby would start kicking. "Bren!" I call from the living room. He comes running in to see, "Its kicking!" I say smiling up at him. He runs over and puts his hand on my stomach. His eyes light up as he feels the kick. "Hey it's almost time for the appointment" I say looking down at him. I smiled at the way he smiled, he was so happy. I got up and put my shoes on to get ready to go. Today we find out the gender hopefully.

I lifted my shirt for them to put the gel on my stomach. "Alright let's take a look." the doctor said as he placed the scanner thing on my stomach. Bren and I both watched as we held hands. "It looks to be a baby boy." the doctor said pointing at the screen. I looked up at Bren and he had the biggest smile. "Xavier" I whispered and he slowly nodded his head. Xavier it is, I've always liked that name and I don't know why. The doctor cleaned off my stomach and motioned us to follow him. Once we got to his office he gave us prints and sent us on our way.

Month 6 came fast, I laid on the couch a lot. Bren would always talk to Xavier. I could tell Xavier would be a daddies boy just by the way Bren talked to him. And how Xavier responded, he would always kick, push, or move around at the sound or touch of his dad. I adored how happy Brennen was all the time. It was always perfect to me. I never thought I'd start a family, I always thought I'd be the girl stuck at home with her mom, having to have friends over because I was so lonely. That's not the case anymore. Now I'm getting married 2 weeks after my first child is born.

I woke up in the middle of the night, in pain. Everything felt wet and I didn't know what to do. "Bren!" I say shaking him. He got up really quick and grabbed my hand dragging me out of the bed. We ran down stairs and got in the car and drove to the nearest hospital. Being in labor is painful, now I know how my mom felt. I called Madison, mom, Brennen's mom and Myles as we approached the emergency room. I was rushed in and strait to a room where they would help me give birth. I wasn't sure how long I'd be in labor but all I knew is I wanted Brennen by my side the entire time.

Almost 14 hours later I found myself giving birth. It was hard, I had to push, breathe, push, breathe. It hurt so bad, but it was so worth it. I got to start a family with the man I love. I smiled to myself as I held Xavier, he looked a lot like Bren. I looked up to the other side of the hospital room to see Brennen sleeping. We get to leave in the morning, and something tells me Bren will be happy to be in the bed. But he won't be happy when I make him take every shift for the next 9 months. I carried this baby for 9, taking care of it on the inside. He can do the outside work. Nah, I gotta help him there's no way he could do this by him self, he's a first time dad. I smile again thinking about how I got the Brennen Taylor to be the father of my baby. I love these two so much and I can't believe I'm having a life with them. My handsome fiancé and my handsome baby boy.

~~~
A/N: I never thought I'd have a story get 1.17K :D. Thanks so much!!! I'm going to do an epilogue and that's it for this. 1.17K is awesome, it made me realize my other stories I had published were crap, so I deleted them. Any way love you all loads!!!
~Skyler