Chapter 6: Alex

Sunday

Grandpa was late on coming home from work. I texted him 'I'm gonna go for a walk I won't be long'. I really needed to get out of the house, I've been alone the whole day.

I left the house. I put my headphones on and played music on my phone and started walking. I didn't know where I was going but I knew my way around the town.

I went to a café that had frappuccinos and deserts. It was called Frapps treats I used to go here all the time with mom and dad. I miss them so much. I sat at one of the high tables in the corner and I order a cookies and cream frappuccino.

I saw a boy with two girls come in. The boy looked familiar with his dark hair and green eyes. It was Drake. I grabbed my coat and left money on the table, I kept my head down and just walked to the door. But, for the second time someone was in my way, it was one of his dates.

"Watch where your going" I knew her from school, Cameron Eve, one of the cheerleaders.

Drake turned around and looked at me. I looked down pulling my beanie down at the same time.

I felt someone's finger on the bottom of my chin and brought my head up. Drake's eyes were mesmerizing.I got lost in them. He stepped closer and his dates left, with an annoyed look on their faces.

"I have to go" I left the café but Drake came after me.

"Let me give you a ride" Drake once again almost sounded as if he was commanding me.

"No, it's fine my house isn't that far from here." I continued to walk down the road. He stayed behind and got into his car and drove off.

I walked on. There were three boys that looked one or two years older were coming towards me.

"Hey, do you need a ride?" One of the taller guys was stepping closer and closer to me.

I didn't say anything and kept my head down. I continued walking down the road. One of the others guys, with short dark hair, pushed me up against the wall.

"My friend asked you something" he put his hand in my waist.I kneed him in the balls, he dropped, I make a run for it. The two other guys he was with ran after me. The tall guy caught up and grabbed me and punched me. I fell to the floor. He grabbed me by my hair, I stood up so the pull weakens. He dragged me into an alley.

I got text from grandpa, before one of them kicked it out of my hands I managed to read it, 'Alex come home now and be careful there's a killer on the loose' I woundered if the killer was one of them, or all three of them. I didn't mind dying, at least I would be with my parents again, even though they left me.

The short one grabbed both of my arms. They guy I kneed came running, the tall one handed him a knife.

"It's not nice to hurt someone who was just being nice." I couldn't see his face or either of theirs.

I waited for him to get closer and I kicked him in the balls this time and I did the same to taller guy. I managed to break free from the short guys hold and punch him. I ran down the alley and I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me towards them. He pulled me closer and I realized who it was. Drake. His soft lips touching mine. It made me feel weak. I kissed him back. He pulled me closer. I pushed him softly away, just enough to see his eyes. Put my head against his chest.

"Let's get you out of here" he put his arm around me and walked me to his car. I could hear police sirens in the distance.

The police questioned both of us and let us leave. The guy that was about to stab me was not the the killer.

"Where do you live?" Of all people who turned up, Drake. Why do you care?

"Down the road and turn left" I don't like telling people my exact address, I didn't want stalkers.

He started his car and drove off. My beanie felt like it was gonna fly off, so I took it off, then my hair went flying.

"Alex, when I said you were different I really did mean it"

I looked at him. "What do you mean different?"

"I don't mean it in a bad way. It's just, you seem as if you understand me"

"You only started talking to me this week" I narrowed my eyes.

"It's not that. It's like."

He was trying to find the words to explain.

"House number 32" I said as he turned left.

He pulled the car over in front of my house.

"Whoa. Nice house" he wistled.

My house was big but empty. It was just me and grandpa, plus some maids.

"Yeah... So what were you saying" I was desperate to know if he really cared about me, especially after that.

"Right. It's like your hiding something. Something dark."

I knew what he was talking about. I wasn't sure if I should tell him.

He looked at my many bracelets.

"Why do you have so many bracklets?" He questioned me but he had a look in his eyes that he knew why...

"Just fashion. Why?" I was lying. The bracelets hid my cuts.

He put his hand on my knee.

"Alex, you can trust me" he looked directly into my eyes

There it is. When he said that I felt weird. I knew I had to tell him. Even if he might hate me. He would be the first person I told. All I could think was, please don't leave...

"Ok." I moved my bracelets up my arm and showed him. I was trying really hard to hold back my tears. He looked at my wrists. I looked at him. "I'm sorry" I instantly regret showing him.. How could someone so handsome and popular like him want to be with someone like me.

He took my wrists and kissed them.

"Don't cut. you're beautiful."

"It's not that easy to just stop Drake" I released my wrists from his gentle hold.

"I know. But it's easier to stop if you have someone by your side"

"Drake, you don't understand"

He cut me off "Alex I do" he took off his jacket and lifted up his sleeves.

I looked at his arm. He had so many cuts. "Drake, I'm sorry."

"It's ok. I haven't cut since I've started talking to you" he put one side of my hair behind my ear. He leaned in closer to me.

"Thanks for the ride"

"No problem" our lips touched. He slipped his tounge in, his hands were on the back of my neck and on my back and he pulled me closer. I kissed him back, running my hand through his hair. I pushed my body closer to his and he kept kissing me and I returned the pleasure. Drake's elbow hit the horn. We both jumped. We both laughed. That was the first time I laughed in a long time.

"I'll see you tommorrow" I got out of the car and went inside. I couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't help it, he made me feel beautiful.