Chapter One

Chapter One:

The day had finally arrived, Amélie sighed with happiness. It was happening, well over seventeen years late but hey, better late than never; she liked to think. She smiled as she stood in the doorway of her mother's bedroom and watched the woman messing with her hair nervously and flattened her dress repeatedly. She was acting like a blushing seventeen year old bride; Amélie shook her head with a small grin on her lips.

Her parents, since reuniting, have become disgustingly affectionate. Whereas she acted as if she hated it, secretly, she loved it. She loved that her parents were crazy in love with each other; it did take them over seventeen years to realize it. Idiots, she smiled affectionately.

"What's that smile for?" Ginny asked, looking through the mirror at her daughter.

"Nothing, Mom, just happy," Amélie answered, the smile still on her face.

“Me too,” Ginny replied, her bright brown eyes shining with happiness.

Six months had passed since the deaths of Cho Chang and Lucius Malfoy, her crazed grandfather. They were free of those two and life had been great from there. Not much had changed, truly, except that now her father, Draco Malfoy, lived with them. It had taken a while to get used to but now, Amélie couldn’t think about him never being there; the time he hadn’t, those long seventeen years, not just for her but her mother as well, seemed like another life. She finally had her father, their family was perfect now; a grandmother too, she supposed. Narcissa was something else but that was for another time.

Amélie sighed as she watched Ginny turn from the mirror to pick up her veil. As Ginny heard the sigh, she stopped and looked at her daughter, her eyebrows furrowing at Amélie’s expression.

“What’s wrong, love?” Her mother asked as she changed directions and came to her daughter at the door, grabbing her hands in her own.

Amélie frowned. She’d had a long week, she realized as her mother pulled her away from the door and towards the bed. She brushed a curl out of her face as she leaned against the bed, carefully so she couldn’t wrinkle her dress; her maid of honor and best wo"man” dress. The thought brought a small smile to her lips. She was wearing a dark red strapless gown that slid down to the floor and she couldn’t help but wonder what Thomas would say when he saw her.

“Amélie?” Ginny asked her, pulling her from her thoughts. “What’s the matter?”

Amélie frowned again, “I just… well, I’m tired.”

“Ah, yes, you’ve had a troubling week, darling.” Ginny conjured a chair and sat in her sparkling white wedding gown slowly. “Do you want to talk about it?” She asked.

Amélie crossed her arms and shook her head softly, “no, mom, you have to finish getting ready. Dad’s waiting for you.”

“Yes, I have to finish getting ready but Draco waited seventeen years, he can wait a few more minutes. He’ll understand when he knows it’s for you.” Ginny gave her a small smile as she pulled on the skirt of her strapless gown. “Talk to me, Amélie. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong, really. I just… I’m just tired.” Amélie answered.

“You’re a terrible liar, baby. I wonder who you got that from.” She thought aloud then looked at Amélie’s expression, “Tell me how the assignment went? I didn’t hear you get in last night.” Ginny asked as she reached and grabbed Amélie’s hand.

Amélie rolled her eyes. She knew why her mother hadn’t heard her come in but she wouldn’t say why. Disgustingly affectionate was all she would say. Lucky for her, they’d at least put up a silencing charm around the bedroom.