Saigon

Just as a reminder: Dad-sub Father-dominant. 

Chapter One 

Back to the Pack

I loved him. 

It as stupid to hold onto a childhood crush. I had told myself that every time my mind drifted back him. I hadn’t visited Northern Ridge in almost two years. Between my parents living at Bloodhound and going to the human school at Harper’s Creek, I had never made it back there in all that time. 

I shifted in the back seat. My parents sat in the front with my father driving. They had came down to go to my graduation and go on a small family vacation. 

“Saigon,” my dad looked back at me. “Are you sure you don’t want to come home with us?”

“I’m sure,” I replied, staring out the window. “I want to move back to Northern Ridge, be apart of the main pack again.”

“You’re going to visit us right?” asked the sub. “Bloodhound isn’t that far away.”

“Don’t worry,” I said with a smile. “I’ll come see you every weekend. I promise.”

“It been awhile sense you’ve been back,” said my father, glancing through the rearview mirror. 

“Yeah, I know.”

“You’re grandparents were sad to see you go,” said the Beta. 

I let out a deep breath. My grandmother had cried all the way to the car. Couldn’t blame her through, I was her only grandchild. “They understand it was time for me to get back to the pack.”

“It must of been hard to be a werewolf with all those humans.”

My dad hit his mate in the arm. “Watch it. They’re nothing wrong with humans.”

“I was just saying,” said the dominant. “Things would be different for him than a human.”

They continued to discuss the matter with my dad not buying anything his mate was saying. It had been different. My wolf had gotten out of control a couple times, but due to my werewolf blood, I had dominant athletically so the school just gave me detention and shoved everything else under the rug. Quite a few college had to tried to recruited me for football, but mowing over humans all day, didn’t really sound appealing. Go back to Northern Ridge, and him, did. 

***

I hugged my parents as we got to the point were we had to part ways. My grandparents and uncle had come to see them before they left and welcome me home. Even thought I had lived at Northern Ridge in years, it was still home to me and always would be. 

“You two be safe, and send word if you have any problems,” said the Alpha. 

“Take care of my boy,” said my father. “He spent a lot of time with the humans, so you’re going to teach him what a really dominant acts.”

My grandfather squeezed my shoulder. “We will.”

My dad elbowed his mate. “I told you-”

The beta escorted the sub away. “Aden, please. I know. I didn’t mean anything by it.”

I couldn’t help but smile. My dad would over-reacted and my father would do anything to make it up to him. It was a regular occurrence, but I never got sick of watch the all mighty beta bending to the will of his little mate. 

“Welcome back,” said Darius. “Come on, I’ll show you to your room.” 

I picked up the couple of bags I brought with me and followed my alpha inside. It was kind of weird to be here and I felt out of place, fully dressed with shoes and all. I followed my uncle down multiple halls to a room close to the hot pools.

“This was your parents old room before Titus took a wife. Figure you might as well have it.”

“Thanks,” I juggled the bags in my arms.

Darius smiled and patted my shoulder. “You’ll get used to things faster than you think. Once you get settled come by my room. They’re some people that would like to see you again.”

I swallowed hard and nodded. “Kay.” Pulling back the bear hides, I went inside and dropped my load on the ground. The place was empty excepted for a large pile of furs in the corner. I walked over to the pit in the middle of the room and sat down. My nerves were starting to act up. I didn’t know what to do if I saw him again. Running my hands down my face, I felt so stupid. I love someone that I hadn’t seen in years. I was a bigger idiot then I thought. 

Standing, I went over to the pile of furs and grabbed armload. I tossed them into the pit and started making a bed. It was going to be weird to go from a bed to animal hides. After throwing my bags into the corner, I entered the hall and started toward the alpha’s room. 

Approaching the door, I could hear people talking inside. I stepped into the entryway to see my uncle and aunt lounging with Jagger and Raven. I had heard about the competition and that two had mated, but due to school I hadn’t been able to congratulated them yet. 

“Saigon!” Raven leaped to his feet and ran over.

“Hey, Raven.” I hugged him back. “Congrats on find a mate.”

The sub blushed and played with his hair. “Yeah.”

Jagger walked up behind his mate and offered his hand. “Good to have you back.”

I smiled. 

“You grew up on us.”

Scratching the back of my head, I laughed. “Yeah well it happens.” I figured I was the same height as the future Alpha. 

“Come sit down,” said Storm. “And tell us how things are going with you.”

I did as my aunt asked and sat down with everyone else. We talked for awhile. Darius telling me about the pack and inviting me to go with the hunting part tomorrow. Raven told me about college.

“Hey!” called a voice.

My breath caught in my throat. 

Archer walked into the room. “Hey, you should have told me sooner you were here.”

I clambered to my feet. “I just got here about an hour ago.” I held out my hand, but Archer pulled me into a hug. 

“Come on I’m your best friend.”

I laughed. “Yeah, sorry.”

We parted and Archer shoved me back. “Gez, you should have visited me more. Sense when did you get taller than me.”

Biting my lip, I stared at the ground. “Growth spurt I guess. My grandma was always complaining about having to buy me new clothes because I kept growing out of the others.”

“Yeah with my luck, you’ll keep on growing,” laughed Archer as he sat down with the others. 

Hesitant at first, I took the place next to him. Archer didn’t need to know I love how lean he looked. He was built for speed and I was excited to see how fast his wolf could run. I bet he was beautiful to watch. 

“Hey Saigon,” Archer slapped me on the pack. “We’re talking to you.”

“Oh, sorry. I was just thinking.”

“About what?” asked the brown haired boy.

I pray that my face wouldn’t show how embarrassed I felt. “Um… My parents want me to come to bloodhound this weekend, just think about that. I had been there in a years either so, you know.” I shrugged.

The conversation continued and tried to pay better attention. But my mind kept wondering, and the boy sitting next to me wasn’t helping. Maybe it was a mistake to come back to Northern Ridge.