Chapter four Going home

Chapter four

Going home

“Saigon!” My dad jumped to his feet and ran over to me. “I so happy you came.”

“I said I would.” I hugged him in the doorway of their living area. 

“How long are you staying?” he asked, peering up at me.

I couldn’t help but smile. My poor dad was so short, he had been looking up to me since I was thirteen. It had always made it hard to view him as a parental figure. “Until monday.”

A smile formed on the sub’s face before he turned to his mate. “Titus we should go on a picnic tomorrow. Do something as a family.”

“Sure.” My father nodded before slipping in for a hug of his own. “Nice to have you home. How’s Northern Ridge?”

I shrugged. “Not much as changed. I took down a big buck the other day.”

My father slapped me on the back. “Well done. Maybe you’re taking after me and will be Jagger’s beta.”

“Maybe,” I laughed. Living with the human, I hadn’t heard much on who was expected to take the beta position, but I guess no one had showed the signs yet. “Won’t know until the leader instincts kick in.”

My dad glared at his mate. “Just don’t turn into a jackass when that happens, like someone I know.”

“Aden,” muttered the Beta. “Have many time do I have to apologize for that.”

“Until I find away to turn into a dominant, and show you how much it hurts to get punch by one of your guys.”

I simply laughed. My poor dad, it had to be hard leaving with a bunch of dominants. 

My father snatched up the sub and hugged him to his chest. “I’m sorry. You know that.”

The light haired man still seamed a little bitter, but he had always been one to overreacted. 

I slipped past them. “You two look like you need some time alone, so I’m going to go say hi to Hazel.”

“She’s in her room,” said my dad as he took his mate toward their bedroom in the other direction. 

I gave him a nod before heading over to the door with bear hid draped across the doorway. “Hazel.”

“Saigon is that you?”

“Yes,” I pulled back the furs. “Hi.”

“Oh, come in, come in.” She waved for me and motioned to the pile of hides across from here. She was busy sewing some shorts. “How have you been?”

“Fine,” I replied as I sat down. “Father shifted in his clothes again?”

“That man,” she shook her head. “He may be the beta but I’m not afraid to give him a peace of my mind. Your dad was very sweet through and offered to do it. I think he might of had something to do with it,” the gray haired woman said with a smile. “Does matter how old Aden gets, he still naive as ever. Tried to teach him to sew, made more work for myself.”

I laughed with her. “I bet. Dad’s never been much of a house keeper.”

“He tries though, bless his heart,” she breathed. “He tries.” Hazel set the shorts to the side and put her hand on top of mine. “Now tell me about yourself.”

“I’m doing alright. I took down a good size buck the other day.”

She smiled. “I knew you would be a beta.”

“Hazel,” I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck. “The packs huge, there are stronger wolves than me.”

She gave me her usual look that meant she was going to change her mind. “So did you see him?”

I let out a heated breath and fell over on my side. “He has a girlfriend.”

“Oh honey, you been gone for so long and never did tell him your feelings. You can’t blame Archer.”

“I know,” I muttered, glaring a the wall. “I was just hoping he might be single. It would have made things easier for me.”

“Oh Saige,” she pushed on my shoulder until I sat up. “If you’re anything like your father than you won’t let this girl get the best of you. You’re going to have to fight for him, okay.” She patted my cheek. “I still think you should talk to your father about this.”

“No,” I groaned, flopping over again. “Wanting a dominant as a mate is like slapping them in the face. It’d be disrespectful to Archer as well as his father. Everyone would be disappointed with me for thinking I better than everyone else.” I rolled away from her. “It’s not allowed.”

“I’m well aware,” said Hazel. “You don’t need to preach to me about this. But I still don’t understand why you think it’s okay to try and seduce Archer when you’re well aware of the consequences.” She went to go get something. “We’re not civilized, Saigon.”

“I know,” I muttered, turning to face her. “And I’m not seducing him. I-I just want to know if he likes me back.”

“And then what, Saige?” She sat back down with a patch in hand. “He likes you back, and that’s it.”

“No,” I breathed, “I want him as a mate.” I buried my face in a fur. “I just want it to be his choice to submit to me, so everyone doesn’t think I forced him.”

“Honey, why couldn’t you have fallen in love with a sub or a pretty girl. It would have been easier,” she teased.

“Tell me about.” I flipped onto my back. “What would you do?”

“Saigon, my mate fell for me. He spent a good year trying to get my attention,” she chuckled. “Poor boy, he tried everything.”

“But it work in the end,” I added. “So what would he do?”

“I’m not a dominant, Saigon, and I definitely not a male dominant.”

“Well what impressed you? Please, Hazel. If I don’t hurry and at least try, Archer will mate with that girl, and I’ll never get another chance.”

She cupped my cheek. “You’re so cute when you beg.”

I glared at the ground. “You’re not helping.”

“My mate was sweet to me. He went out of his way to make me happy.”

“I have a feel that won’t work with Archer,” I muttered. 

“You’ll figure it out Saigon,” she cupped my cheek. “Just remember its the small things that make a difference.”

“I’ll try.”