Chapter five Intervening with a Splash

Chapter five

Intervening with a Splash

“Small things,” I muttered to myself, as I walked back to Northern Ridge. My dad had begged me to stay another day, but I didn’t have the alpha’s permission to stay longer, so I used that as an excuse to go back. I need to figure out this Archer thing and picnics with my parents weren’t going to help. 

I stepped out of the trees and walked to the entrance of the cave. My first view wasn’t something that lightened my mood. Archer was lounging with a couple girls on a pile of furs. He was a flirty little bastard, but he was going to be my flirty little bastard. Just had to figure out how  to trick him into thinking being my sub was a good idea. 

“Hey, Saige,” called Archer with a wave. “How were the parents?”

I trudged over, figuring ignoring him wasn’t exactly following Hazel’s advise. “Same old, same old.” I shrugged. “How’s things been around here.” I eyed the girls how were huddled around him. 

“Just fine,” said Archer with a smile, he put his arm around Willow. “Why don’t you join us? We might go to the hot pools later.”

“Hmmm… can’t have to check in with the Alpha.” Personally, I didn’t want to watch Willow crawl all over my hope for a mate. 

“That won’t take long, come on Saigon.” He gave me a smirk while glancing toward the two other girls who were whispering to each other.

“Sorry, but that’s really not my scene.”

Archer laughed. “What does that mean?”

“I was raised by two gay men, you do the math.” I turned and left the area before he could reply. So technically I was bi, but right now, I only wanted Archer and so for the time being I was flat out gay.

“Hey!” 

I glanced back to see Archer running after me. 

He swung his arm around my shoulder and dragged me down to his level. “So you prefer subs is what you’re telling me?” he said with a grin. 

“You caught me,” I replied, raising my eyebrows. “The secrets out.”

“I knew it.” He shoved me away playfully. “I always knew you would swing that way,” he teased, hitting me in the arm.

“Yep, guess I’m more like my father than I thought.”

Archer gave me a smile. “I’m nothing like mine.” He stepped in front of me and start walking backwards. “Do you think Willow would make a good mate?”

If I didn’t love the kid, I would have tripped him and proceeded to trample him. “Wouldn’t know, not much of a girl fan.”

“Come on Saige,” he whined, spinning in a circle.

God he was adorable and he wasn’t even trying to be. 

“I think she might be it, she’s gorgeous and strong. She be a good mate right?” He nudged my arm.

“Like I said, I’m not into girls, so I have to say no.”

Archer shook his head. “Yeah, not for you. It’s probably a good thing.”

“Why’s that?”

“Ever since you got back, you’re all the girls talk about. Saigon so strong, and tall. Did you see Saigon’s wolf. It’s really starting to piss me off.”

I chuckled to myself. “It sounds like your jealous.”

He glared at me. “Don’t get a big head, just because you’re bigger does mean anything. I can still outrun you.”