Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

     I woke up the next morning feeling light headed; my eyes were hurting as well as my head, and my gums were throbbing as if my mouth was on fire. I look over to notice I only had ten minutes to get ready, because school started in twenty… I went to get Chloe up as I brushed my teeth… Mhmm minty (lol). I went to my closet and got out my usual: Converse, skinny jeans, and a black shirt with white stripes. Oh! My leather jacket, I knew I was forgetting something. Where was it?

 OMG not my leather jacket this can't be happening… and my journal… Where's my journal? Oh no, this can't be happening, did I leave them at Colton's? I hope not. Okay Juliette, going back to last night.

 ~I woke up there and I had my jacket over me, my journal was on the table beside me… I finally found out that I’m some hybrid vampire, oh yay, how fun. What next werewolves and aliens invading Earth on their Magical Rainbow Unicorns? Who knew? … ~

*

*

 I hope no one read my Journal. Oh yes, my journal, this is filled with personal writings and lyrics I carry around with me. It has pictures, drawings, music, letters… All of that shit. It's very special to me, kind of like the best friend I never had if you know what I mean.

  I run to the living room to grab my book bag and purse, when I noticed Chloe standing at the door all ready to go. She smiles and says, “Let’s go Sissy!” As we walk down the sidewalk I start hearing everything around me, I forgot, it's my birthday… Yay. I can hear birds chirping from miles away, the people in stores arguing about sale prices, Preachers preaching to the homeless people five blocks down… It's very distracting, I almost didn't realize that we were at the elementary school. Chloe gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and said, “Happy Birthday Sissy.” I smile and kiss her forehead.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I walk into the High School and notice I made it just in time for second period. I scurried off to class hoping that I could find a seat, so I wouldn't have to sit in the floor.

  I get into English Class and I found a seat next to a girl named Dana, she's alright I guess. We started out with a lecture over a new book we are beginning, OH HOW FUN! One of my friends, Ethan, raised his hand and asked, “Mr. Tech, exactly what book are we reading?” I chuckled a little and noticed Mr. Tech was getting furious. He answered Ethan's question with, “Mr. Bowen We will be reading, To Kill A Mocking Bird.” I read that book in Ninth grade. It's a pretty good book. It's really got a huge meaning to it.

  Anyways we read the first chapter and talked about the characters we met so far. The main characters are Scout, Jem, and their father, Atticus Finch. The bell rang and it was time for third period.

*

*

*

* 

 I was on my way to Spanish when I heard a voice behind me saying, “Juliette! Juliette!” I turned around to the familiar voice and saw who it was, Colton. He ran up to me and handed me my jacket I left. I looked him straight in the eyes and hugged him, just until I felt something else in the jacket, my journal. I hugged him even tighter probably squeezing him half to death, but he didn't seem to care. Thank you so much! I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. He blushed a little, and I believe I did as well.

  Spanish isn't really that great, all we do is sit there and listen to the teacher speak in Spanish for like an hour in a half. Now that I have my journal again, I pulled it out and opened it to where I left off…

~ Doubting all the life around, what has this world become. Sleeping in the shadows and running from the fear, this poison inside is rushing to my heart. No wonder this pain is growing, there's nothing in this world to save me from the dark, I'm slowly fading into the ashes of fate. ~

 As I was writing I couldn't help but notice someone was watching me. I turned my head slightly to the right to see who it was. A guy named, Jason? I think. Can I help you? I said in a disturbed tone. “Oh I'm sorry, I just, I like what you've written, can I see the rest?” He stuttered a bit. I gave him a nervous stare, but handed him my journal. He smirked at me and said, “This is amazing, I'd like to read more sometime if that's okay.” I gave him a grin and nodded. I looked straight into his eyes and felt a strong pain in my side. It was like a knife had been jabbed into my ribs. I could feel my eyes burning so I closed them tight, I stood up and heard, “Juliette, are you okay?” It was Jason. I didn't give him time to finish; I sprinted out of the classroom and into the hallway to find Colton.