Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE

       Arriving in a new world it seemed... I was all alone. Standing there, not knowing where to go. I could feel all the eyes just beaming on me. Walking into a new room with new faces. I hear a voice.

  I turned and noticed that my teacher was asking for my name, and where I came from... I replied with, Juliette, I'm from California. She smiled and said," Well Juliette, welcome to North Bell High, I'm Mrs. Finch." I smiled back and walked down an isle to find a desk, but there they didn't look so inviting. I made the courageous decision to sit next to a guy drenched in black and white. He faked a smile, looking at me as if I were a meal... I sat down and tried to focus on getting through my first day without any distractions.

  The bell rang, and it was time for English... I didn't know where to go, so a girl named Violet helped me. She told me she could help me find my way around, until I got the hang of it. She seemed nice, I guess.

  After third period, was lunch THANK YOU JESUS!! I have been starving since I walked through the front doors of this school! I walked into the cafeteria, and there were so many students. How many? At least two hundred. I sighed and got in the lunch line. Many of these kids looked like they were Goth, or emo... But then there were of course the preps who were all glammed up and crap. Me? I probably look more Goth than preppy. I wear black converse, a red and black checkered tank top with a leather jacket, and I had my hair down and straightened.

  I found a seat next to the Korean smart ass people. They seemed intelligent. One of them was talking about the Math league or something... I didn't understand, but luckily someone rescued me.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier, I'm Colton... I'm in your Art class, remember, Mrs. Finch?" I stared and nodded. I didn't know what to say or how to react... I finally found a smile to give him, and I got up and walked with him. “So what made you move to one of the coldest states in America? Well, Canada isn't really considered part of America, but you know what I mean.” We both managed a good laugh.

 Well, I said... My mother passed away not too long ago, leaving me in charge of my little sister. Our dad left us a while back, so we moved in with my grandma.

  He smiled and said, “Oh.” My heart started to race and my hands began to feel weird... I guess I was nervous. But why? Who knew...? The bell rang a few minutes later, and Colton offered to walk me to my next class, Math.

  As we were walking I noticed scars on his arm. I wanted to say something, but I tried to think of something else. We finally made it to my class, and he said, “See you after class.” With a smile.

  After Math, I went to my locker, and began to put things in there to make me feel at home. I put some lyrics and drawings in there and covered the inside with graffiti locker wall paper I made. I felt someone behind me so I quickly turned around.

 Aw geeze COLTON! You scared the shit out of me!! Colton laughed and said, “I am so sorry! But that face you made was just priceless!” I gave him a crooked grin and closed my locker.

“Are you leaving so soon?” He said. I nodded. “No, no... Follow me.”