𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓸

I assumed it was around early evening from the looks of the watercolor sky, bursting in shades of red, pink, and orange.

While smoothly riding along, I contemplated whether to stop and take a break, or just push through into nightfall until I reached the next town.

Unfortunately, my stomach answered for me with a low growl, so I reluctantly pulled Blaze off the side of the road and tied his reins around the trunk of a giant, but shady oak tree.

Plopping down onto the lush grass, I decided to remove my leather bound notebook from my satchel that I carried around my chest while travelling.

Removing my ink pen from its holder, I began to write of my adventures to Anastasia. The letter read:

Dear Anastasia,

I'm writing to inform you that I'm making adequate progress on my trip home. However, I've made a few stops along the way, and could be making a few more given the circumstance, but I'll try my best not to delay any more than is required. I hope, my love, that you are healthy and doing well, but please don't fret because everything is under control. With that being said, I plan to return home in two days give or take. I would love to write more, but that would only detain me from seeing you sooner. Please take care, my love. We'll be together again in no time.

All my love,
Henry

After completing my emotional letter to my future wife, I ripped the page out of my notebook and scrambled around in my satchel to find an envelope and a stamp. If I was lucky enough, there should be a way for me to send my letter to Anastasia in the next town.

While taking a deep breath and glancing around, I happened to notice that Blaze was getting antsy by moving impatiently in place.

Looking up at the towering animal, I asked, "Are you hungry, boy? His tail swaying in the wind, while his chocolate, brown eyes blinked at me.

Many might not be able to tell, but by being a horse owner for quite a few years, I have picked up on the signs of when one is hungry, and clearly Blaze was.

Getting up from my criss-cross applesauce position, I fetched an apple in one of my leather bags strapped around Blaze's buff body.

"Here you go," feeding him the juicy, ripe apple. "We've still got a long way ahead of us, so eat up. Once you're done, we can get a move on." I ran my fingers through his shiny, mud-brown mane while I finished saddling him up.

"Looks like you're done." Situating myself on his back.

"I believe in four more miles we will reach Tapleyville and rest there for the night. If all goes well, we'll continue our day's travel tomorrow morning."

Leaving the shady paradise of the oak tree, we departed back onto the pebbly road.