4. Beta

The Betas are second in command. 

Now don't think the Beta title is only for males. There could be a female too. But when she finds her mate, she will give her 'Beta' titel to her mate and take 'Beta Female' title for herself.

He is the second strongest and second most important title a wolf can have. The only wolves they answer to are the Alphas.

In some stories the beta wolves act take over if the alpha male dies and possibly remating with the alpha female. When an alpha grows weak or too old to effectively lead the pack, the beta wolf may challenge him or her to a winner-take-all brawl.

Betas are usually born into it like Alphas, but every new Alpha picks there own Beta.

The most common and known case is usually the next Alpha in the family line gets or chooses the son of the Beta but there are cases in which this may not happen.

For example, if an Alpha is challenged and is defeat, then the new Alpha will take over and chose their own Beta. The former Beta will lose their place.

Betas are mostly chosen by the Alpha for having a relationship of some sort. For example, they had been best friends and are trustworthy. Betas control the pack in the absence of the Alpha.

Betas also have heightened genes but not enough to match the alphas.

When the Alpha's are absence (which for reason can be surveying areas, chosing new territory, editing sites, etc), it is the Beta's job to make sure the pack is organized and under control.

Any problems that occur in the pack, the Betas report to the Alphas and allow the Alphas to take control.

When the Alphas are indeed away for a time, these wolves are the next in authority and demand the same respect and control from their packmates.

The Alpha wolves can choose their most trusted companions to become their Betas.

If the Alpha step down (there could be many reasons for him to step down, they will be explained in Alpha chapter in details), and if he doesn't have a pup to take over his title, then the 'Alpha' title can sometimes be passed to the Beta or the Beta's child.

Any questions?

You can ask privately too.

Love 😍

Shai🌸