Enjoying the chase - Chapter 2 (Pic of Rosie)

**** Picture of Rosie on the side *****

 This story and all of my others have a facebook page - so if you want to look at photo's or anything then click on 'open external link' on the right-hand side and go straight there. Alternatively the address is in my about me bit on my profile page!

 Chapter 2

As soon as we were outside of the door, I turned to see Rick still sitting in the chair where I left him earlier. “Hey man, still here?” I asked, frowning.

He smirked at me. “No, I left an hour ago.”

“Hilarious. So, are you coming out on Saturday night for Seth’s birthday?” I asked hopefully. We needed to keep the numbers up; I highly doubted that Ashton would want to come out now that Cameron was here. I had to practically force him to agree before Anna gave birth because he didn’t want to leave her on her own at eight and a half months pregnant. There was no chance he’d come out now.

Rick grinned and nodded. “Yeah, I already got cover but I guess that I might not need that now that Ashton won’t be going. Or is he still going?”

“Highly doubt it, he’s in there all doey eyed over Cameron so I don’t think he’ll want to. Unless the kid doesn’t sleep and then he’ll probably welcome getting wasted,” I joked, making him laugh. I glanced up to Rosie to see her looking through her purse, frowning slightly; she looked like she was counting how much money she had or something.

“He won’t go. I bet you twenty bucks.” Rick grinned.

I shrugged. “No way, I’ll keep my money thanks. I’ll call you later in the week then and sort out where we’re meeting and stuff.” I headed up to where Rosie was standing and glanced over her shoulder to see she had about four dollars in her purse. I looked away and cleared my throat, making her jump. “Ready?” I smiled.

She smiled teasingly, “Actually, I can’t. I’ve just remembered that I have to go and wash my hair. Sorry.”

I grinned. Brush off number four, why the hell was I liking this? Wow, I must have totally lost the plot! “Baby, I’m going to have sex with you tonight, so you might as well be there.” I shrugged jokingly.

She laughed and shook her head. “I have to get back. I don’t want to be on the train late at night, there are all kinds of weirdos then,” She said turning her nose up.

“If you’re worried about getting on a train, then I’ll let you sleep at mine. No wait….. if you come home with me then we wouldn’t sleep much.” I smirked at her and tried to go for the confident look that told her I knew how to show her a good time. I’d definitely never had any complaints before.

She frowned. “Look, Player, that’s not happening. Thanks for the offer and it was nice to meet you.”

She turned and walked off leaving me standing there staring after her in shock. Five times, now this was getting a little scary, I was really starting to like it! I couldn’t help but smile, I’d never had to really try before, this was actually quite fun. Why did guys complain about having to chase girls? Having it offered to you on a plate was boring after a little while, but this was totally new to me and definitely enjoyable. Kind of like a prize you get awarded at the end of the race, what was the point in running if you’d get the trophy anyway? Working for the trophy and running your ass off to come first; now that was worth doing.