Enjoying the chase - Chapter 6

Copyright © 2011 Kirsty Moseley

Pic on the side is Rosie in her dress ----------->

Chapter 6

All through the next day I kept thinking about her which was annoying as hell, I mean jeez what am I turning into a freaking pussy or something? I couldn't stop wondering if she was getting on ok on her first day teaching and if she was still up for tonight. I hoped she didn't cancel on me, I was actually really excited about it and I know she said it was just a friendly dinner I was going to sweep her off of her feet so she would change her mind by the end of the night. 

I'd already booked the table at a fairly nice and romantic restaurant, I'd bought her flowers and chocolates and I was all set. I just needed to get my game back and then I'd be able to charm her straight into bed like all the other girls I take out. I felt a little guilty that if I did actually get her into bed that she'd be cheating on her man but I guess what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him and I was pretty sure I was worth it. I'd definitely never had any complaints before and knew how to show a girl a good time so she wouldn't regret sleeping with me. He wasn't due here from Barstow until tomorrow night so I was giving it my best shot tonight before he moved here too and ruined my chances with the hot little brunette that I kept dreaming about.

Russell punched me in the shoulder which made me wince because I hadn't seen it coming. $hit I was off in my own little world thinking about her again, damn it why did she have to be so freaking hot and unavailable? I always wanted what I couldn't have. That's probably why I kept having little Anna fantasy's for a while after I met her, just because she was Ashton's. I would never have done anything about it because he was my best friend but for a while I couldn't stop myself wanting her just because I couldn't have her. I was over it now thank God because that was an awkward phase.

I shook my head and brought my hands up to protect my face again, I couldn't go out with a black eye tonight, that wouldn't help my chances. We were sparring because we had nothing to do, no assignments until tomorrow and although we were on call we didn't get action everyday because of how specialized we were. I therefore spent a lot of time training and in the gym just for something to do, that was part of the reason I was the best at my job, practice makes perfect.

He brought his hand up to hit my face so I jumped back quickly, "Not the face dude I have a date tonight." I whined punching him in the stomach. We had gloves on so it didn't hurt too much but even so we were only really messing around not sparring properly.

"When don't you have a date?" he teased blocking another of my punches.

"True, but I really want this one. She's a total fox, man you should see her. She's going to taste good." I winked at him laughing at his disapproving face. I loved to wind him up, he totally hated me being a player.  

He dropped his guard and shook his head, "You need to learn how to respect women Nate, you're never going to get a girlfriend if all you see women as are $ex objects."

"I don't want a girlfriend." I shrugged, I said the words but my mind flicked to Rosie again and how we looked in the mirror together, how she held my hand when I was talking to her about killing that guy. For some reason I liked that, I wondered what it would feel like to wake up next to her in the morning and arrange another date just because I wanted to see her again. I'd never really had that; I'd had a couple of girlfriends before but to be honest that was only because the girls were good in bed so I wanted to sleep with them again. I kept them around just long enough for them to start getting into me then broke it off before they really fell for me, I wasn't cruel or anything so I didn't want them all hung up on me thinking it was going somewhere when it wasn't. The longest I'd been with a girl was three weeks and that was because she was wild in bed.