Her Gold and the Leviathan's Heart

Ashik's words sent a shiver down Damien's spine, but it wasn't out of fear. He wasn't quite sure what the feeling the Leviathan provoked in him was; he just knew it wasn't fear.

"Not willing to risk me?" Damien mumbled more to himself than anyone else. Ashik shook his head and met Damien's uneasy gaze with one of resolution.

"Neither am I." The men turned to face Arabella, surprised that her voice had started to shift again. She no longer prowled around them like a jungle cat. She met their surprised eyes with a look of boredom. It was clear to anyone looking at her that she had regained control of her body.

"Ya alright there, Bells?" Jarrus questioned as Arabella smirked.

"I'm quite alright, Jarrus. Don't worry." She replied as she turned her gaze to Kaden. The memory of him being dragged off of the deck was still fresh in her soul. Her feet quickly brought her closer to him and her fingers skimmed his bare arm before she could stop herself. Kaden's eyes met hers as they widened in surprise.

"Bella?" Kaden felt fire in the places her fingers trailed, but he chose to ignore it. Instead he focused on the swirling emeralds she had for eyes and kept his eyes locked on hers. 

"I'll go get the gold and deal with the mermaids. I'll take Ashik with me," she declared softly without breaking her gaze from Kaden's face. She watched a myriad of emotions cross his features before it settled in a look of acceptance.

"Are you sure that's the right decision?" he asked her in a whisper and she smirked.

"Don't start questioning my reckless decisions now, Lockes," she teased easily.. His eyes widened before a smile pulled at his lips. He wanted to laugh. He didn't want to want to laugh, but he couldn't help it. A chuckle bubbled from his chest and pushed its way out.  

"I know it won't make a difference but be safe," he replied as he reached up and tucked a wayward curl away from her face. Arabella unconciously leaned into the brief touch and nodded. She turned to Ashik and motioned her head in the direction of the water. Ashik smirked before he started toward what was left of the side of the ship. Damien jogged after him as Arabella hung back to let them have their discussion. 

"Make sure the both of you come back," Damien mentioned as Ashik chuckled and laid his hand on Damien's shoulder. Damien ignored the tingling on his skin from the contact. 

"I will bring your sister back safely, young one. Do not worry," Ashik reassured the younger man, who frowned. 

"Bring my sister and yourself back safely. I mean it, Ashik. Both of you." Damien reiterated as Ashik nodded and pulled his hand back. He softly brushed Damien's jaw before turning to the sea and diving in. Arabella smirked as she ran across the deck past her brother and dove over the side of the ship, easily following the Leviathan. She let her magic swarm her body as Ashik appeared beneath he in his natural state. 

I will follow you, little one. Ashik lightly nudged Arabella with his snout as she nodded. Magic sparked around her as darkness crept up her arms once again, but this time it stopped just short of her elbows. The same claws that had torn apart the Kraken took the place of her normally dirty fingernails. She stretched them out, getting used to them before focusing her eyes on the darkness around her. Suddenly everything came into view and Arabella could see everything. 

And then she dove.

She didn't know what she expected a mermaid nest to look like. Stories from her childhood had made it seem like they lived in palaces beneath the sea, but no one had ever lived to actually see one. However the further she dove, the more she realized the stories were wholly wrong.