Chapter 6: School

My eyes fluttered open and I smiled when I saw ava curled up next to me.

I brushed some of her blond curls out of her face and she started to stir.

"Come on sunshine wake up"

She opened her eyes and yawned while rubbing her eyes.

"Time to get up" I whispered in her ear which made her giggle.

I scooped her up in my arms and took her to the bathroom where I helped her get ready, we have to go to a meeting about avas schooling situation.

I'm looking to get her enrolled into a public school which should be fine if she doesn't use her powers and I've already had that conversation with her so I think she understands.

"Sunshine? Do you want cancakes for breakfast?" I asked while putting braids in her hair.

"Yes! Cancakes!"

I laughed and picked her up and walked into the living room with her, I put her on the ground and watched her run over to the tv and switch on her favourite show.

***

After we had eaten breakfast I helped her get her shoes on and I locked the apartment door.

I decided just to fly there considering I don't have a car, I went into a ally and made sure nobody was looking and took off while holding ava in my arms.

We arrived at the school and walked into the front entrance where the office was.

I was greeted by a nice Middle Aged woman.

"Hello. How can I help?"

"I'm here to enrol my daughter" I said while holding avas hand as she looked down at the floor shyly.

"Of course. I just need you to sign some forms and she can start next week" I nodded and she handed me the forms.

I sat down at a table and ava sat next to me.

I started filling out the forms while I gave ava my phone to keep her busy.

***

After we had enrolled in her new school we went out to get some food at Noonans.

"Hi Kara"

I turned around and saw lena behind me, I instantly smiled.

"Hi lena, ava say hello to lena" I looked down to see ava playing with the braid I put in her hair. She looked up at lena and smiled.

"Hi miss leelee!" She said bouncing on her feet, which made lena and I laugh.

"Do you want to sit with us?" I asked her.

"Sure" she sat down across from ava and I.

We made small talk and ate our food while ava coloured in some pictures from her colouring in book.

After we ate we walked around to the nearest park and I sat with lena on a bench while watching ava play.

"She really does look like a mini you" she said while laughing.

"Yeah? I just enrolled her in school"

"Really? Which one?" She asked while taking my hand and intertwining our fingers.

I blushed and answered, I looked over to see ava watching us with a smile. I have a feeling she knows what's going on between lena and I because she's very smart for her age but I do still need to have that conversation with her and I hope she takes it well. I know she likes lena so she should be ok with it.

A/N ik it's a rubbish update but I was taking too long to finish this chapter and I just wanted to give you guys something. And I am sorry it took too long I've just started college so I haven't really found the time to write x