Chapter 3: Meet ava

After I finish fighting the alien which only took a good 10 minutes I fly him back to the deo where the agents arrest him.

I see ava sitting in winns chair playing on the computer.

She notices me and flys over to me, I mean literally flys. Everyone around the room looks at me with wide eyes and open mouths.

I hug her and rest her on my lap.

"Kara you didn't say she had powers" says win.

"Well yeah she's half kryptonian but she only got flight, speed invulnerability and heat vision" I reply. He puts his hand over his mouth and points between me and Ava.

"Kara I thought you adopted Ava I didn't think she's actually yours! Wow I'm stupid she looks just like you" I smile and pat his shoulder.

I notice Ava has fallen asleep clinging to me so I say my goodbyes to everyone and fly her back to my apartment.

I place her in my bed while I get changed into some pyjamas, I didn't want to wake her so I just let her sleep in her clothes.

I gasp as I just remembered I have work tomorrow! Crap!

I call Alex

"Alex? Sorry did I wake you?"
"No I was just watching a movie with Maggie what's up?"
"Can you look after Ava tomorrow I have work and she doesn't do well with strangers as you saw at the deo"
"Sorry Kara I cant I have to be at the deo and I can't take her on missions we're there's guns and stuff"
"It's fine I'll just have to take her to work"

I hang up the phone and slip back into bed.

*******
I wake up from the alarm going off, I reach over to press it off, I read the time 6 am.

I see ava looking at me tired, she rubs her eyes and yawns.

"Morning sunshine" I watch as she closes her eyes and tries to sleep again.

"Come on baby we need to get up" she nods her head and sits up.

I hold out my hand and she takes it I lead her to the bathroom and I brush her teeth.

After we finish getting ready and have breakfast, I help her get some toys and put them in a bag for her to play with while I work.

I pick her up and fly, I drop into an alley behind noonans.

"Ok sunshine remember you can't use any of your powers ok?" I ask her.

"Ok mommy" I walk with her on my hip into the coffee shop and order my usual and miss grants coffee even though I'm not her assistant anymore.

I walk into CatCo and into the elevator.

I still keep ava on my hip and walk out of the elevator, I get a few stares but I keep walking till I see James.

"Hey Kar. This must be ava. Winn told me" I don't really like James that much so I don't really want him around ava so I just introduce them and walk away to my office making sure cat doesn't see us.

I set ava down on the small couch in my office.

"Ok sunshine mommy needs to go out the office for a few minutes if anyone comes in don't let them take you anywhere and I'll be back soon"

"Ok mommy" I hug her and kiss her head while getting out her toys and colouring things.

I walk over to miss grants office.

"Ah Keira is that my coffee?" She asks.

"Yes miss grant" she smiles and sits at her desk.

"Can you get everyone in here for the meeting" I do as she asks and everyone comes into her office.