Chapter One

I stared at the woman in disapprobation. "This cannot be happening!" I groaned as I furiously gripped the edge of the blue marble counter, causing my fingertips to turn white. "Ma'am, please understand that there is nothing we can do but wait-" "I don't have time for waiting!! My conference is in three flipping days! How do you expect me to get there if I have to wait for a week and a half?!" I groused while hitting my right heel off of the floor impatiently. "Ma'am, please calm down and understand that this is for the safety of our pilots as well as you and the other passengers." She replied miffed, as if she had aforementioned it many, many times.

"Look, safety is the last thing on my mind right now! If I don't get to California in two days I could lose my job! Okay?! I'm not standing for this!" I snarled becoming very disconcerted and maddened. "Ma'am, the airport is paying for the hotel you will be staying in. That's the most we can do."

"Now, ma'am, I think it is time that you leave." She added, trying to be polite.

"I am not leaving unless it is on an airplane to California!" I pointed to the airplanes parked outside.

"Ma'am, you have two minutes to back away from the desk before I call security to PERSONALLY escort you out." Her face was becoming red of frustration and her hair blonde hair was coming out of her hair-do from tugging anxiously at it.

"I am getting on that plane to California whether you like it or not." I gritted through my teeth.

"SECURITY!" She screamed and the large muscular men wearing security badges walked over. One grabbed my bags and the other two took my arms and led me forcefully to the exit doors.

"WELL HELLO TO YOU TOO!!!" I screamed as they went back inside, leaving me on the sidewalks where it was lightly drizzling. I groaned and saw my reflection in the glass. My hair was sticking out in multiple directions and my makeup looked as if a chimpanzee had applied it. It was smeared and my body language wasn't composed like it usually was.  I walked over to the edge of the wide walk. No cabs or busses in sight.

"Great! Just great!" I snarled as the rain started to pour down even harder. I walked as fast as I could in my four inch business heels. The wind began blowing harder, causing me to shiver and my teeth began to chatter. I tightened my wet jacket around me hoping to find a spark of warmth or safety inside, but barely found any. I reached a sidewalk beside of a road, I assumed there was a shopping center or something near by because of all the surpassing traffic.

I stood, while studying a sign, and had a pleasant surprise. A car sped by, hitting a puddle, causing me to get the full blast of the dirty street water. I shuttered in disgust and anger. I walked closer to town and farther from the wretched airport.

It was getting darker outside, the sun was setting. I looked out at the ground and water dropped down my face. I looked up and began walking again. I stopped when I saw a small café down the street and I started out for it as quickly as I could.

By the time I reached the doors I was soaked and fairly sure that parts of my clothing were now see-through. I pushed open the doors and then walked Inside. A cold breeze hit me and I sat down at a booth by the window.

A waitress, named Kelly, came over and I ordered a hot chocolate. She walked off saying she'd bring it right back.

"Hey" I looked up to see a random guy smiling at me like we were old friends. I looked at him and cocked my head to the side. "Do I know you?"

"Nah, but I know a lot of people in this town and I have never once in my life seen you before. But-" he held out his hand. "-I'm Cooper Knight." I took his hand and shook it. "Andy Adams." He smiled lightly.