Chapter 3

Luna's POV

It's been about a week since I encountered the blue eyed boy— Carl Grimes as he calls himself. I still feel a love growing inside of me that I've tried fighting but obviously failed doing so. Why can't I just keep a single vow to myself and not get attached to anyone or anything. This world is dark and soulless and I am supposed to be just as dark and soulless as it. But I guess that's how I work. So I'll just have to live with that. 

The man on the couch is still there. I haven't gotten a name from him yet. I woke up one morning to find Carl standing next to the couch he was on talking to the unconscious man. He was saying how he couldn't save... Lori and... Judith... He pretended like the man was listening to him. I saw he was pretty emotional about that so I guess I won't really ask him about it... yet.

I listened until he calmed down so then I walked in acting as if I haven't heard a word. "Hey Carl what's up?"

He turned quickly towards me and smiled "Nothing much. Did you just wake up?"

"Yeah" I lied, "Just wondering... who's that?" I wondered nodding towards the man. Curiosity on how he ended up like that burned inside of me.

"Oh he's my father. If he doesn't die then you can call him Rick... hint hint that's his name" he said smirking.

"I would have never guessed!" I exclaimed sarcastically. "Hey are we going to have breakfast?"

"Mhmm lets go."

**After breakfast**

My curiosity on Rick continued to grow like a wildfire in me so I decided to ask Carl. Maybe he knew. "So... what happened to your dad?"

He turned away from me and said "I really don't want to talk about it."

"Please Carl!"

"No."

"Please!!!"

"No."

"C'mon blue eyes! I thought we were bros. Homies! C'moonnnnn!" I jumped in front of him, smiled and cocked my head to the side. 

He looked down and said, "Ok fine I'll tell you." 

He told me how he stayed in a jail with about 50 to 100 people and how there was this quote on quote 'bastard' which they called 'The Governor' that destroyed it killing everybody that they knew and loved. He whispered something to himself which I couldn't hear.

"What was that?"

"N-nothing" he stuttered. 

I decided not to press the subject on him. So I suggested we go outside and raid the houses to see if there is any snacks or sweets that we can share.

Carl's POV

"Like Lori and Judith..." I whispered to myself.

"What was that?"

"N-nothing."

"Erm okay... how about we go to the houses to see if there's and snacks or whatever?"

"Sounds cool."

We went out through the back door and went by each house. First checking to see if there were any walkers, then raiding the house to see if there were any sweets to take for ourselves. I remember eating sweets with Michonne but then of course we were separated from the Governor's attack. Michonne was like my best friend. I don't even know if she's alive. What if she died? What if Beth died? Glenn? Maggie? Daryl? Carol? Tyreese? Sasha? Bob? What if they all died? I looked at Luna who was looking though cupboards and fridges to look for food. I heard her gasp and turn to me with two bags of candy in her hands and she smiled. Oh that smile. It made me forget about everything that had happened for a while. We sat at a table and ate almost every candy in the bag. I saved a few just for Michonne... even if I don't find her. 

By the time we almost finished the candy, the last of the suns ray were showing. Time flies when you're having fun... I guess. We got back to the house and my dad was still hanging on. Or at least I hope so.

"I think it's best if we go to sleep... we have to burn off all the candy." I chuckled.

She giggled. "Sure. Let's go." She walked up the stairs and I followed closely. But not too close. I think so at least. She hopped into the bed and I sat on a really comfortable chair. She almost instantly fell asleep. Her heavy breathing made me smile. I don't know why. Anytime I look at her I feel happy. Wait. Do I like Luna? Oh my God I never realized I liked her. I dozed off on that.

**A few hours later**

I woke up. It was sun out and Luna was still sleeping. I went downstairs to see my dad off of the couch. Where'd he go? "DAD!!! WHERE ARE YOU?" He came in staggering from the kitchen. I gave a sigh of relief. I heard quick footsteps coming from upstairs then going down the stairs. My dad pulled out a gun from his belt and pointed it at the sounds. I looked towards the stairs and saw Luna sprinting down the stairs with her pistol in her hand. My dad pointed the gun to her head. "Carl who the hell is she? Do you know her?" He didn't look away from Luna. Luna was pointing her pistol to his head.

"DAD CALM YOUR ASS DOWN SHE'S A FRIEND."

My dad continued to point the gun to her skull and asked, "Friend?"

Luna looked at him then to the couch then him again, relaxed and laughed. "I should have known it was you. Rick, right?"

My dad relaxed as well, put his gun down and said, "Yes and who are you mam?"

"Luna." She stared at him with an assertive expression. He stared at her with the same expression. 

My dad smiled, bent down to my ear and whispered "Protect her. She's cute. She might be special to you one day." I felt the blood rush to my face as he said that. 

"Dad!" He shrugged it off, chuckled and limped to the kitchen to continue whatever he was doing. Luna looked at me confused with her beautiful hazel eyes. It was true what he said. She was cute. Really cute. 

Luna. She turned this cruel, black, heartless world into something even better than the world before the apocalypse. She made me forget of all the death, suffering, pain and blood that I've went through and experienced. She is like the ray of light that I lost when Lori and Judith had died. I thought I lost everything. She is my lost hope that I have found. Luna. Just Luna.

(Please don't forget to vote and comment! Thank chu!)

(A/N Sorry for taking so long to update!!! I'm actually really genuinely sorry about not updating sooner. Ughhhhhhhhh... well at least we got it done. I think we made it a pretty long chapter to make up the time. Sorry if it's just boring and/or crappy to you. XP ~Erika)