Chapter 12: The Palace

America
As I step out of the car I about faint at the size of the castle. It's even larger than our school, and I had never seen a building as large as our school until now.

"Maxon are you sure we're at the right place?" I'm really nervous to meet his parents now. I wasn't prepared to meet the King and Queen. I'm in a basic sundress, I'm way too underdressed.

"Yes America, I promise you it won't be as bad as you're thinking," he said chuckling.

"But Maxon, I'm way too underdressed. Won't your parents hate me the minute they see me in this?"

"Oh, no, I've asked my mother to have a dress made for you so you can look the part. We don't want the Prince's girlfriend looking like a normal teenager, now do we," he asked teasingly.

"Okay then, but do you think your mother will even like me?"

"America don't worry about them so much, they will be ecstatic that I found someone that liked me before they knew my identity. That will be their original reason for liking you and then once they get to know you, I'm sure they will like you, for you."

"Thanks Maxon, that really helps," I said whilst putting my head on his shoulder as we walk up the steps.

"Hello Lady America," the Queen says greeting me.

"Your Majesty," I say sinking into a curtsy.

"Oh there's no need for formalities right now. Now come dear, let's get you changed before the King sees you. Personally I found your outfit super cute, but it's not proper for the palace so you must change. I had a gorgeous dress made for you, I hope you like it. It's yours after tonight. Oh, and I also had another dress made for you to wear tomorrow. You are still spending the night, right?"

"Yes I believe so Your Majesty."

"You can just call me Amberley," she said.

Wait am I getting ready in the Queen's rooms? This is unbelievable.

"Mary, Anne, Lucy, could you please help Lady America get ready for dinner tonight," Queen Amberley asked.

"Yes Your Majesty," they said in unison while curtsying.

"I'll see you at dinner dear, and I really do hope you like the dress I had made."

"Thank you," I said while she walked out the door.

"Let's start getting you ready Lady America," Mary said.

These maids are so sweet. I'm just dating Maxon and I'm being treated like royalty.

They blindfolded me while they put my dress on me and when I took the blindfold off I was in shock.

This is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen, let alone worn.

It's a mintish blue color and is fitted in parts and flares in others. There's also sparkles at the waist and a strap on one of the shoulders.