Chapter 7: Pool Party Part 1

America
Today is the day of Maxon's pool party and I'm so excited.

It will be the second time I will be seeing everyone together.

Josie said her boyfriend would even be there. She talks about him a lot so I hope he's as nice as she makes him sound.

I ended up going shopping and bought a new bathing suit for the party.

I chose a one piece that looked pretty basic. It was a blue color with white specs on it.

To get ready for the party I slipped my suit on with a cute white cover up and threw my hair into a messy ponytail

I slid my feet into my white sandals and grabbed my keys before heading out the door.

When I walked up to the gate of the pool, Josie was the first one to come up to me.

"Oh hey, America," she said as she opened the gate.

"Hey Josie, wow, this place is really nice," I say, my jaw dropping.

"Yep, all of Maxon's parties are extravagant," Marlee says walking over

"Hey Marlee, ooh I love your sunglasses they look really cute on you," I say.

"Thanks America, why don't we all come over here so we can play a game."

I follow Marlee past the gate and up the steps to stand beside the pool with all of my new friends.

"So what are we gonna play," Kenlee asks.

"How about chicken," Marlee squeals.

"No, I wanna play two truths and a lie," says Carter lightly shoving his girlfriend.

"Let's play agree or disagree," Josie says.

"Um, what about telephone," I mumble.

Everyone suddenly stops arguing over what we should play and turns to face me.

"It's okay if no one wants to play that, I was just suggesting," I say, now completely embarrassed.

"Actually, I think that sounds like a lot of fun," Nicoletta says with a smirk on her face.