Instant Regret

As the Demon watched the turtle's - brothers - exit the room, he realized that their words had upset Donatello far worse than his dream had.

The dream had been horrible as it occurred, but now that the mutant knew that is was only a dream, his the negative feelings had faded... Until his brothers had scolded him

Their simple words of anger had shaken the mutant's knowing stance and the Demon could feel an inner war going on within the young turtle. It was evident the genius had a strong love and desire to please his brothers, and the unfair scolding shook Donatello's very soul.

He made note of this and accepted the small amounts of energy these negative feelings gave him. The Demon decided to help to fuel these feelings as far as Donatello's mind would allow.

Who knows? These negative feelings could help with what he had planned...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donnie stood alone in his lab, the overwhelming headache finally fading as he struggled to grasp all the feelings that were raging. He blinked a few times, suddenly wishing the headache would return. It would pose as a good distraction from the thoughts and voices that were battling within him.

Shutting his eyes, he couldn't help but wonder: How is this my fault!?

Leo's past voice suddenly spoke up, shouting: "You had Mikey test the bike!"

I didn't tell him too! He went on his own and-

"Oh, so you're telling me he didn't test the bike for you?"

Well, he was trying to test it for me but I didn't tell him too! I'm not crazy enough too-

"You should know better than to trust Mikey around that kind of equipment, Donnie!"

I thought he had left! I didn't realize he'd try to-

"What were you thinking?!"

It was then Raph's voice joined in.

"You're supposed to be the smart one, but that was a seriously stupid move!"

"You could have killed him!"

Donnie winced and struggled to keep his composure as the voice got louder.

"I can't believe you of all people would do something so reckless!"

"What were you thinking?!"

"You're supposed to be the smart one!"

"How could you be so stupid?"

"That was a seriously stupid move!"

"Stupid... Stupid... Stupid... Stupid!"

In one swift, fluid motion, Donnie shoved everything on his desk onto the floor. The sounds of everything crashing around him filled his ears and promptly shut the voices up.

Breathing rapidly, Donnie collapsed back into his chair and leaned against it, grateful for the support.

He was surprised by the intensity of these sudden voices. He did scold himself sometimes, mainly when an invention failed, but he'd never experienced other's voices telling him when he was - stupid...