Chapter 19

I have a feeling you guys are going to hate this bitch more than me at this point. I have no capability to hate, so that isn't going to be hard. Just putting it out here, I take no pleasure in writing Mikael and Esther, but the plot demands me to write them.

The entire Mikaelson-Salvatore household was on edge. While Damon was clinging to me at every point during the day and night due to his reaction to the completion of the bond, we had to deal with the fact that Rebekah had finally learned that Nik was the one to kill our mother. Of course, Henrik and I knew but couldn't say anything, but Rebekah had always been told that it was Mikael that had killed Esther, not Niklaus.

The stress that filled the house was overwhelming for me, with my two new mate bonds that had still not completely solidified and with the fact that my entire life had just changed for the better. I was used to things always being the same, never changing much. Yes, we had moved homes throughout the centuries, but we had only once brought in a new family member, and he had died during the 20s according to Rebekah.

I was the one in the family that would handle such conflicts like the ones between Rebekah and Nik, who were by far the most stubborn people I had ever met. They could be mad at each other for years if nobody decided to knock some sense into them. It hurt me to see them so angry at each other. I knew that Nik wanted to apologize, but Rebekah would just not allow him to do so. Yes, his lying was not the right thing to do, but even he did not deserve the kind of remarks that Rebekah made towards him.

Things would have been made much easier if Nik and Rebekah did not have the heightened emotions of the vampire species. Rebekah's stubbornness would eventually get the best of her, I was sure of it.

"Do you think that our sister will ever be able to move past this, little one?" Elijah asks, standing behind Damon and I.

"She will have to if we are to stay together as a family. We have gone through similar things, Nik and I, and I think that his anger got the better of him when Esther had rejected him. I had been rejected at such a young age, but Esther had waited until he triggered the gene to outcast him. In a way, it was much worse for him. I think that when Rebekah decides to act less like a child and more like an adult that she will allow Nik to tell his side of the story. When his story comes to light, she will be able to find it in her heart to forgive Nik like she always has. Nik has his reasons for things. Do not think that Nik was not remorseful, that he did not mourn the death of his mother," I assure my elder brother.

"After the hell that your mother put Nik, I think that he did have a right to kill her. I mean, she cursed him two times. The first time with immortality, the second with the Hybrid Curse. Stefan killed our father years after we had turned. Our father was the one to kill us in the first place. I may have hated him for what he did, but I never would have wished death upon him. I forgave Stefan. Rebekah will forgive Nik. It may take time, but she will forgive him," Damon chimes in, telling us of his own father.

"Why is it that your father killed you again?" Elijah asks, purely out of his own curiosity. He was taking the first few steps in accepting Damon into the family.

"He killed us because we were trying to help Katherine escape. Stefan and I were madly in love with that bitch. God, we were stupid. She was the one who originally tore us apart, giving both Stefan and I her blood. I mean, our father never tried to break us apart at least. I always defended Stefan when our father would get abusive. Damn, things were different back then," Damon muses, curling up on my lap as he spoke, needing the close contact to calm him.'

"Many have fallen victim to Katerina and her games, my brother and I included," Elijah reminisced of the times before Katerina was a vampire, when she was the doppelganger that caught his eye and captured his heart. No doppelganger will trick my brothers again.

Damon simply nods his head, not really paying attention to what Elijah was saying anymore, nustling into my chest once again, falling asleep on me. "How long do you think it will take for Damon to get used to this bond? I mean, his presence is comforting, but I do want to spend some time with Stefan as well."

"Honestly, sister, I have no clue. The Salvatore does look content there on your lap. I say you give it a few weeks and he will calm down from the bond. Do make sure that he is ready for separation first, the bond could become unstable if he separates from you too quickly. His inner vampire is sensitive, unlike Stefan's. Due to the Ripper gene inside of Stefan, his vampire is hardened, wanting to be near you more for anchoring and protection. Damon's seems to want love and affection, something he was likely lacking in his human life," Elijah theorizes. I nod, ruffling his hair. "Although it is odd that you do not have the same reaction to the bond as Damon, as you lacked any attention past the young age of six from much of anyone. I do remember Finn coming to see you as much as he could."

"He came almost every Thursday. It was nice. We were always close before I learned I could siphon. I seem to be the only person in this family who does not find his talks to be boring," I muse. Elijah chuckles and places a kiss on my forehead.

Right as Elijah was about to leave, Rebekah bursts into the room with Nik and Henrik at her side. Okay, looks like all is well in Rebekah and Nik land. Wait, why does Rebekah look like she's about to piss herself?

"I, Rebekah Mikaelson, am calling a family meeting," she gasps out. Nik grabs her arm and looks her in the eye, just as bewildered as I on why she was so stressed. I could feel her stress from the couch and I bet that Nik, Elijah, and Henrik felt it as well. Family meeting it is then. Sorry, baby, you're gonna have to get up.

__________________________________________________________________

"What is the reasoning behind this abrupt meaning, Rebekah?" Elijah asks, sitting on the couch next to Finn and Kol who looked very confused. Poor boys had their special reading time interrupted.

"Elena said at school that Bonnie and Alaric woke up Mikael. She says that he's coming and that he's going to kill Nik and Astrid!" Rebekah exclaims hysterically. Nik comes over to hug his little sister who was already on the verge of tears. Shit, looks like I'm in danger once again. Did our little torture session with Elena not show them that I will hurt them if they threaten my family? Did they not think of what I would do if they tried to kill my family? This damn Elena gang has no idea who they are messing with now!

"Mikael has only one white oak stake. We can use that against him. He doesn't know that I'm alive. I can distract him. Stefan saw him during the 20s, he knows what he looks like. It was after his memories of Nik were removed. Do you remember a man with blondish hair and blue eyes after your memories were erased in the 20s?" Henrik asks my mate.

"I do. I know what he looks and sounds like. He is a hunter. I didn't realize that he was Mikael, the Original Hunter," Stefan admits.

"I'm just glad that he didn't do anything to you. He hates all vampires and should have already known that you were the ripper at that time," I say.

"I think that anyone who has had contact with Mikael is lucky to be alive," Finn remarks. Everyone in the room just nods. "What is our plan?"

"We take him on. I am sick of Nik and I having to run every few decades or centuries because Mikael has some twisted and warped morals. We do this together. We will all stay together. Mikael will know the wrath of the Mikaelsons. Just like the old times, we fight together, as one, always and forever."