Ride Home

This is the last part for this! Hope you enjoyed it :) Please don't hesitate to drop a comment :) Would really be encouraged to read your reviews!

-

Sasuke couldn't say that being seated daily in an 8-hour review class for his board exam was how he wanted to spend his supposed vacation, exactly a month after their graduation day.

Naruto invited him to join his family for a trip to their province, knowing that his best friend would be alone in his apartment for who knows how long. However, Sasuke declined the offer no matter how tempting it was to finally be able to catch a glimpse of the beach again. Because for now, his priorities were passing the boards, getting an excellent job, and making Kakashi proud (although he would never tell his mask-wearing father-figure about that).

When the professor finally dismissed the class consisting of fresh graduates from various universities, Sasuke pinched the bridge of his nose then slowly moved his fingers upwards in an attempt to massage his temples. He didn't expect his eyes to be strained and his brain to be fried immediately on the first day of his review classes, yet he was the one to blame for forgetting his eyeglasses and for being complacent before starting his reviews.

His gaze fell on the clear folder above his desk which slowly put a smile on his face. All thanks to these colorful reviewers that he compiled after every semester, he was able to catch up on the topics discussed that escaped from his stock knowledge.

Sasuke exited the room through its front door and recalled the way towards the staircase. He was about to turn to the next corridor when a familiar voice subdued the voices of the other people in the hallway.

"Sasuke? Oh! Glad it's you, Sasuke!"

He swiveled around, eyes squinting a little until he confirmed seeing a girl with pink tresses and a waving arm with a rose gold bracelet on her wrist. His breath hitched.

Sakura made her way to him, a dazzling smile plastered on her face. "I didn't realize we are in the same review class!"

"We are?"

She laughed a little too melodically, causing him to smile. "Yes, Mr. Magna. I was seated at the back, and I only saw your familiar spikes upon exiting the back door. Are we the only ones from Class 12 who enrolled in this review center?"

"I think so. I've heard Neji, Tenten, and Hinata still chose to stay and enroll in Konoha U's review program."

"I see. I'm glad I know someone among this sea of fresh graduates here. By the way..." Sakura moved her face closer to his as if scrutinizing it, and Sasuke couldn't help but swallow hard while taking a step back. "It's been a while since I've seen you without your glasses. It's cute."

He looked away. "Tch. S-stop messing with me, Sakura. I just forgot it because I got used to not wearing it at home for a month."

"Hey! I'm not messing with you!" Sakura giggled, much to his chagrin. "It's more cute now that you're getting flustered though."

"I am not getting flustered, Sakura." Sasuke turned away with a huff and began walking towards the staircase again, leading a cackling Sakura behind him.

It was a bit surprising to him how they became completely comfortable with each other despite their opposite personalities as time went by, yet it made him happy, because he wouldn't be able to take them to the next level if their relationship wasn't even on any level at all.

He casually listened and gave "Aa" and "Hn" responses at appropriate moments while Sakura told him about how she almost got lost while commuting to the review center. He found himself still amazed that despite his hints about his feelings for her since their graduation, Sakura didn't even feel a tinge of awkwardness around him. If anything, he felt like they were closer and more connected than before, making him wonder if he now has better chances of him getting a yes once he finally asks her out.