Life Without Her

Ron found Harry and Hermione at breakfast. He sat by them as if he never stopped sitting by them before.
They looked at him, then at each other. Then Harry said, "why aren't you sitting by that shy girl"
Ron looked at him for a moment then said, "can't I still sit by my friends?" He smiled and Harry and Hermione smiled back at him then continued eating and talking like normal.
Every once in a while Ron looked back at Evelyn sitting all alone. She never looked up. She wasn't eating. She just sat looking down. He could tell she was upset. Did she miss him? He hoped so.
"Ron, maybe you should sit by her. She's all alone and looks so sad" Hermione said, nicely.
"No it's okay. She's fine. I think she wants some time to herself." Ron replied.
"Oh Ronald, what did you do to her?" Hermione said.
"Nothing!" Ron said, defensively.

After eating, Ron went to his classes. He didn't pay attention in any of them. He just replayed the moment of Evelyn telling him she didn't want him in her life anymore over and over in his head. Every time he passed her in the hallway he stared at her, hoping for some kind of acknowledgement, a glance his way, a slowed pace, anything. But she kept walking like she didn't know him at all. This is what hurt him most. How could she act like she doesn't even know him when she just hurt him so?
He needed someone new in his life he realized. He needed to find someone to replace her. He had to show her that he is okay without her too. He went to find Harry. He would surely help Ron find someone to date.

"Harry. I need your help" Ron said.
Harry looked up from his book on the anatomy of vampires and asked Ron what he needed.
"I need a date."
Harry looked confused. "Why don't you date Evelyn?"
"Er- well she isn't really into dating right now."
"Ohh, too shy?" Harry asked.
"Er- yes. And I want a date to the Yule ball."
Harry stood and walked towards the library. Ron followed.
In the library, there were a few tables, with a few girls sitting at some of them.
There was one girl Ron noticed immediately. She was a small girl with a cute, small pink face. She had big grey eyes with long eyelashes that blinked rapidly while she explained something to her friend, and thick red lips that tightened into a perfect smile when her friend laughed at what she said. She had black hair up in a ponytail with a bow.
Harry started pointing out other girls but Ron interrupted.
"Who is that?" Ron said, while pointing at the girl he noticed.

Harry laughed and said, "that's Pamela Wilson. I'm not sure if she's single because she goes through guys like she goes through underwear. If you want someone for just the ball night then maybe but if you're looking for a relationship I wouldn't bother with her."
Harry left Ron to ask her out on his own. Ron started towards her table after her friend left and Pamela was alone.
He looked at her nervously and said, "is this seat taken?"
She laughed but said, "no. My friend just left."
"I'm Ron"
"I'm Pamela"
"I know."
She looked at him weird and Ron quickly added, "I've heard of you"
"Nothing bad I hope?" She gave him a big smile that gave him butterflies in his stomach.
"Yeah. I mean. I don't know just heard your name." He cleared his throat nervously.
"Are you here to ask me something?" She said and cocked her head to one side while doing the rapid blinking she did to her friend. This made Ron more nervous. He was out of her league.

But he took all of the courage he could muster and said, "would you like to go to the Yule ball with me?" He said it as if It was all one word.
To his horror, she laughed. But before he left embarrassed she said "I would love to"
"Great" Ron smiled.